Hardware Questions about specifics when searching for a brand new Wii

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey,

I've searched and read a lot of stuff about modding a Wii... But still there's some confusion, and I think it's better ask to the pros.

Im planning to do a trip to US soon and get a Wii around January/2010.

1st) I'm confused about the amount of models/hardware revisions on Wii. D2A, D2B, D2C, etc.
1.1) Is there a way to identify them in a store?
1.2) Is there a specific chip that isn't mod-able ? (by modding, Im willing to run homebrew and backups.)
1.3) Are softmods supported on all hardware revisions or there's newer ones who have mods blocked?

2nd) There's some gossip about a new Wii. Any additional info about it, and when it's going to be released?

3rd) About Bricking: Is there a way to have direct access to Wii files to unbrick it ?

4th) Is it worthy yet to buy a new Wii, or technology is already too old to be worthy?

5th) I got a Xbox360. I got caught in the latest banware. Im looking for a video game where I can have more fun with friends than alone. (Xbox is pretty much about single player games and live-only multiplayer games.). Still, some online content would be awesome. Are there any bans, blockings or some feature disable in Wii due to modding it ?

Thank you in advance, and sorry if I skipped a question or two already answered, but I couldnt find them using search.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
1.1) I may be wrong, but I think they have serial numbers on the boxes. You should be able to identify the general-era and model of said Wii from that alone.
1.2) Read HackMii archives.
1.3) Read HackMii archives.
2) Idunno, wedunno.
3) Read HackMii archives.
4) Sure it's worth-it. I doubt Nintendo will release another generation of console next year. o_o
5) Nintendo is too pussy to 'ban' anyone. Unless those Mario Kart bannings were real; even so, they were from direct cheating with Ocarina.
As for a game you'd enjoy with friends, New Super Mario Brothers is great, as well as Mario Kart and Wii Sports Resorts. The Wii library is full of games made for groups.

That sucks that you got caught in the banwave. D: /pat /pat

TheZoc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you a lot for taking your time to reply and help me!
smile.gif

I've found a few more answers while browsing the internet, still, help and information are always welcome
biggrin.gif

Btw, after the xbox ban, it got pretty much useless (multiplayer means live for most retail games, no access to XBLA (from which I bought a lot of titles >.>) and... Many developers are lazy lately and need to keep updating their games through patches)... I was really worried any kind of ban could happen to wii.

Thanks Again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: