Hacking questions about SD cards and the loaders.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can i use a SDHC card and put games on it?? if so how do i do it? i see how to do it for USB though.
and can i use a micro SD to put the needed files for preloader unto a micro sd? cause all i have is SDHC

im having an issue. why when i DL a game and i try to extract it it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged?? this is happening to all the games for the wii that im DL. whats wrong? how can i fix this issue? they are .rar files and im using winrar to extract to.

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
are you sure that its a actual .rar or that winrar is recognizing the .iso as a archive.

you need to use a WBFS Manager and format your SDHC to WBFS and then use it to install the game. u dont just extract and copy over the files dude.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
iban88 said:
can i use a SDHC card and put games on it?? if so how do i do it? i see how to do it for USB though.
and can i use a micro SD to put the needed files for preloader unto a micro sd? cause all i have is SDHC

im having an issue. why when i DL a game and i try to extract it it says the archive is either in unknown format or damaged?? this is happening to all the games for the wii that im DL. whats wrong? how can i fix this issue? they are .rar files and im using winrar to extract to.

Yes you can use an SDHC card, but not all loaders support it (e.g., GX doesn't). I suggest Configurable (although that's not surprising seeing my sig). You still need to partition your card and format one of the partitions to WBFS, but the process for that is the same as for hard drives (check tutorial in my sig).

Sorry, I can't help on your other question. I buy all my games.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
are you sure that its a actual .rar or that winrar is recognizing the .iso as a archive.

you need to use a WBFS Manager and format your SDHC to WBFS and then use it to install the game. u dont just extract and copy over the files dude.

but arent you suppose to extract a game in order to get the ISO file out of it?? cause no matter what game i DL thats for wii and i try to extract it, it says *error the archive is either in unknown format or damaged*

Dr. Clipper said:
QUOTE(iban88 @ Aug 28 2009, 05:44 AM) can i use a SDHC card and put games on it?? if so how do i do it? i see how to do it for USB though.

Yes you can use an SDHC card, but not all loaders support it (e.g., GX doesn't). I suggest Configurable (although that's not surprising seeing my sig). You still need to partition your card and format one of the partitions to WBFS, but the process for that is the same as for hard drives (check tutorial in my sig).

Sorry, I can't help on your other question. I buy all my games.

thanks.

iban88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
that winrar is recognizing the .iso as a archive.

this seems to be the case now that i look at it more closer. the file is 4.37 GB is it suppose to stay like that or something? i thought you would extract that to get the .ISO file out of it like ive been doing with all other games i DL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol