Questions about O.G. Wii to vWii transfer after Softmod

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by joepassive, Jul 6, 2013.

1. joepassive
    OP

joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    Iceland
    Hey, I Softmodded my vWii. i have a Wii for years but i wanna leave it alone, and get on the Wii U for good.

So I have a couple of questions:

1.If I Do a Wii to Wii U transfer, is there a chance for bricking after mod?

2.If I have some WiiWare installed on the Wii, but I installed them as wad, and never bought 1 thing on the Shop. Will it get moved?

thanks for the info :)

2. air2004

air2004 Air

Oct 24, 2008
    United States
    Anytown
    I believe the pirated shit wont get transferred , but I do believe the game saves will.
    If you never bought anything from the game shop , what are you trying to transfer then ? and if you modded prior to transfer , I wouldn't try transferring then ( I don't know what could happen , but it doesn't sound like a good idea ).

3. joepassive
    OP

joepassive GBAtemp Regular

Aug 31, 2012
    Iceland
    all i really wanted to transfer is all the game saves....thanks for the info

4. blinkzane

blinkzane Panic at your moms house

Jul 24, 2012
    United States
    Florida
    actually everything will transfer, but any modded channels or pirated wad's will not work and you will have to reinstall, but yeah your game saves will work. you could also just transfer game saves rather than losing everything on your wii. just my personal opinion. nothing will brick though. when you transfer wii to vWii, all you're doing is transferring ownership of files that you've bought and your account. the cIOS will not change, therefore no brick.

5. Popopinsel

Popopinsel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2008
    Gambia, The