Questions about M3 Perfect

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by gamadaya, Oct 6, 2008.

Oct 6, 2008

Questions about M3 Perfect by gamadaya at 1:53 AM (1,486 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I'm going to be getting an R4 pretty soon, and I figured I'd get a slot 2 flash card as well. But I want one that works on both the GBA and DS lite. My friend told me he thinks the M3 Perfect does, but I haven't read that anywhere. Is it true?

2. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    Yeah, M3 Perfect will work on both GBA and NDS, but there are miniSD and microSD aka Lite versions..They are basically the same products, only difference is in the size of casings and size of SD card that they use!!

3. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    Really? Can you give me a link where I could find the microSD version that fits in a GBA? I can't find it on their site.

4. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, you have to get it with GBA shell!! It is called M3 Perfect Lite, and comes with few Lite shells (and sometimes with GBA shell, it depend on the place you're buying from)..

You'll have a hard time finding it to buy, because it's mainly sold out!!

This is how it looks like:
    http://www.realhotstuff.com/lite-perfect-stock-p-119.html (this one comes without shell, but it's already sold out)

And this is how the GBA shell looks like:
    http://www.gamersection.ca/product_info.php?products_id=336

5. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    Oh, I see now. That's really convenient. So I can get the M3 Perfect Lite, and a GBA shell for it, and it would work on both my DS lite and GBA. That's great. If only they weren't sold out. Are they still in production? If not, are there any alternatives you would recommend (that would work in both the DS Lite and GBA of course).

6. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Actually, it's possible to find them on some pages, but it's actually really hard..They are not in production any more (most of GBA carts aren't anymore)..This is actually the best cart you can find..

But also, great solution would be EZ Flash IV (not Deluxe, you have to be careful about that, because Deluxe has shitty GBA compatibility).....
    DealExtreme sells them, and you can use them both in GBA and NDS, but I don't know if there are Lite sized housings!

7. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    That's fine. I don't need a lite sized housing. Anything that can work well in both the GBA and DS is fine with me. I'll spend some time looking for the M3 Perfect, and if I can't find that, I'll go with the EZF4. Thanks for your help [​IMG]

8. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Well, I would suggest that you try to get M3 Perfect, it is said to be THE best GBA flashcart, but EZ Flash IV is best solution for less money, and especially if you order from DealExtreme (because of the free shipping!)

So, yeah, just look a bit around, and ask if you have any questions.....

9. tedmg09130913

Member tedmg09130913 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  10. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    And, from what I see, it comes with GBA shell!! [​IMG]

Thanks for the link tedmg09130913, I haven't seen any sites that have them in stock!!

gamadaya, you should consider buying it!! (I know it's a bit expensive, but it's well worth it)

11. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I don't know if I can pay 90 bucks. 60 would be ok, but 90 is a little too steep. In any case, I know what I'm looking for now. One more question. Does the EZF4 run GBA games w/o slowdown. That's pretty much all I need.

Oh yeah, and what's the difference between the EZF4 and the EZF 3-in-1.

12. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Yes, EZF4 runs without slow-downs!!
    It's a great cart too, and you should really consider it, especially with the price on it!

Main difference of the EZF4 and EZF 3-in-1 is that 3-in-1 is actually expansion (for slot 2 in NDS) with a possibility to hold one GBA game at the time in memory, however, to flash that one game you have to use NDS (it copies GBA game from slot 1 cart, to slot 2)!!
    And it doesn't have any external memory as in SD slot..

EZF4 uses microSD (up to 2 GB) as a storage system, and you copy games with "EZ Client" to the microSD....

Basicaly, both carts can be used in GBA and NDS, but EZF4 is a standalone cart, while 3-in1 is more like and expansion/addition..

13. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    Oh, I should add, the reason I want a cart that works with the GBA and DS is that I hate the button placement on the DS. I literally can't play most GBA games on it. If any flash carts allow you to reassign buttons, that would be great.

14. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    How come, I don't have any problems with buttons?! [​IMG]

But, to answer you question....from what I know, no [​IMG] I don't think there is a cart with such option as reassigning buttons...

15. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    The EZF4 doesn't have an RTC though. Wouldn't that be a problem with games like Pokemon? What about the EZF3. From what I can tell, It's like a better EZF4.

16. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Hmmm, it's all about preferences and little things now, but all games that use RTC (mainly Pokemon [​IMG]) can be patched so you don't have any problems......

Some people DO prefer EZF3 over EZF4, hell, I like EZF2 PowerStar over those two, and it's my favorite GBA cart.....but that's just me [​IMG]

17. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    I don't know. It's just the angle of the A and B buttons. I thought they were perfect on the SP, but on the DS lite, they just don't work for me. Also, I'm known for having weird gripes with the shape and button placement of handhelds. I have big hands, but I love the cramped SP design. Also, the original GBA, the DS fat, and the PSP give my hands really painful cramps. So that's why I'm looking so hard for a good cart that can run on both the DS lite and the GBA. The M3 Perfect would have been just that, but it's too expensive for me to afford right now.

18. Toni Plutonij

Croatia
    Yeah, I totally understand you.....And I know what are you talking about with big hands and handhelds!! [​IMG]

Well, I actually prefer to play all games on their original systems, so I'm playing GBA games on SP or Micro (whatever I feel like, but it's usually Micro, I enjoy that tiny screen)..

Nothing can beat GBA..

19. gamadaya
    OP

Newcomer gamadaya Member

United States
    Alright, well, unless you can point me to an EZF3, then it looks like I'm going with the EZF4. Shouldn't be to big of a problem. I can always just buy the actual game if it requires an RTC. I'm not that cheap [​IMG]