Questions about installing A9LH on my already hacked New3dsxl

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by DualBladedKirito, Jul 1, 2016.

1. DualBladedKirito
    OP

DualBladedKirito The Black Swordsman

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    So... I am thinking about upgrading my N3dsXL that currently has ctrbootmanager which luma3ds,rxtools, and HBLauncher current used with it in the boot.config . I am using menuhax to start CTRbootmanager. My luma 3ds emunand is already updated to version 11.0.33 U. It also has the homebrew launcher cia installed to emunand using a modified payload to go around ctrbootmanager. I also ave a few gba injects installed to sysnand and emunand, As well as fbi injected into sysnand h&s. I have FBI Installed to emunand as well.

Sooo my question is how would i go about setting up arm9loaderhax on with my current setup? I want to keep my games on emunand? (preferably transferred to a9lh patched sysnand as I have alot of games on there).
    Do i need to get rid of ctrbootmanager to even start the process? Hope not?

2. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    ishygdaft likes this.
  3. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Yeah i read through that before but one thing it doesnt mention is: what the steps would be if you have a bootmanager installed and, if you do, if you would need to uninstall it or not.

I also said i want to transfer my emunand to sysnand. I want to do this because of gba rom injection actually(The dualnand installing is tedious)

Last edited by DualBladedKirito, Jul 1, 2016
  4. ishygdaft

ishygdaft A mystery wrapped in an enigma

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Follow that guide, make tons of back ups, use the right firmware for your console, remember to unbrick 2.1 when it's time. Back ups, back ups, back ups.
    Good luck man, it's not particularly hard but it's tedious.

I also think you ought to get rid of the bootmanager, there is an a9lh styled one down the road.

Last edited by ishygdaft, Jul 1, 2016
  5. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    you dont need to unistall it just
    if you follow guide your emunand will be your sysnand and you can use your sysnand as emunand and if you have bootmanager it doesnt matter if you're using emunand convert it to rednand using emunand9 then start from part 4

6. Temptress Cerise

Temptress Cerise Miss Magic~ <3

May 1, 2016
    United States
    No need to unbrick. OTPHelper does it on it's own. Actually the latest release removes that unneeded / duplicate 2.1 Unbricker Feature. Since it was unnecessary.

7. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Oh that's good, less chance for user error.

8. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    soo if i am understanding correctly.... I don't need to get rid of my current boot manager doing the setup process of arm9loaderhax?(I should mention menuhax autoboots it and I can start homebrew launcher straight from its menu) Just start from Part 4 of the guide and treat every mention of RedNAND as my current emuNAND? Then switch to ctrbootmanager9 when A9LH is installed?

9. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    You should not be using menuhax when you downgrade or else you'll be greeted by a lovely black screen.

10. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    wait.. but doesn't the guide say to use menuhax?

"This guide uses browserhax, which runs the homebrew launcher through an exploit site, to install menuhax, which is an exploited theme that can run the Homebrew Launcher at boot. Both of these exploits were patched in 10.6.0, and as a result if you are using 10.6.0 or higher, you will need one of the alternate entrypoints described at the top.

Also My sysnand is already on 9.2

11. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Err... hey if the guide says it's fine lol. Disregard what I said before, sorry.

12. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You can keep menuhax and your boot manager but make sure you remove the autoboot as it can be a nuisance apparently. I was in the same boat as you and I started from Part 4.

Edit: By "remove the autoboot", I mean to change your menuhax configuration so that it only launches if you hold a button (like L).

Last edited by samiam144, Jul 1, 2016
  13. fikatr

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    just skip to part 4

14. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Thanks to you and everyone for your helpful answers. I don't have the free time till 10pm to do this but gonna install this tonight hopefully. Gonna be a long night as today is the only day i can do this. won't ave internet after have internet for a week. Hey sleep is overrated. jk

Edit: err...one more question. Is it possible to upgrade my sd card to a larger size later on wit arm9? gonna run out of space soon

15. samiam144

samiam144 RĂ©gulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    Yes you just need to transfer your files, simple as that (unless you decide to keep EmuNAND).

16. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Is there a way to transfer or clone my current emunand to A9LH patched system nand when done? I am gonna make backups of my current emunand before anything of course.

17. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Yeah you'll be able to restore your emunand backup over sysnand once everything is done using hourglass9.

18. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    Awesome! Time to join the "master race"

19. ishygdaft

Jun 20, 2016
    United States
    Hey man best of luck, if you need any more help just ask~

20. DualBladedKirito
    OP

Sep 9, 2015
    United States
    United States
    im about to start early might have an issue i got a Black box icon on patched sysnand from a very long time ago. When i installed fbi the first time i installed it to nand by accident looks like i never removed it. will this be a problem?