OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm not sure if this post is in the right section, because I'm asking a general question about flashcarts and mainly about M3DS Real. Moderators are allowed to move this post where it belongs...

Anyway, the thing is that I'm thinking in buying a DS Lite, mainly for homebrew and try games before I buy them (so I get sure to not to spend money in crappy games). Unfortunately, in my local stores are only available fake or cloned R4's and DSTT's, and I want to get a good quality flashcart, no matter of the cost (but trying to save money a little if possible).

I'd love to see a flashcart who can do these things:
  • GBA games and RAM Expansion for NDS Browser
  • Download Play and NDS-Wii Conectivity
  • Good homebrew and game compatibility
  • microSD HC compatible
  • Good support and firmware updates often
I was thinking in getting a M3DS Real Perfect (for the GBA Expansion pack) or an EzFlash 5+ (with the 3-in-1), but I'm not too familiar with these 2 flashcarts (and all my friends have fake R4's), and I'm also a newbie in all this flashing kits stuff... So, I'm asking if somebody who has tried these cards (or any other that deserves to be considered) to tell some of his experiences and tell me who would be a best choice.

Greetings! and thanks in advance for your answers...

GaciX 69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
In fact, I was thinking in buying a M3DS Real, but this thread make me doubt of the decision, if anybody could confirm if M3DS Real is capable of do NDS-Wii linkage will be appreciated...

OMFG said:
acekard2?
I have heard of that card before, but nobody of my friends know if it worths to buy one...

Nathan-NL

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The M3 DS Real is at this moment not supporting NDS-Wii linkage.
But with the CycloDS Evolution it is possible, only the GBA game support is not as good as the M3 DS Real's.

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
The CycloDS Evolution is the only card that supports NDS-wii linkage.

-edit- I think the G6 Real does too, but don't get that.

GaciX 69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
tj_cool said:
Also, DealExtreme has some very good prices and free worldwide free shipping
I was thinking in DealExtreme, but some posts around here said that they shipping time is too long, anyway, I have a local store in my city who sells M3DS Real at a good price (almost the same of buying online plus shipping cost)...

I have a question about M3's GBA Expansion Pack... Is it good? Does anybody tried it? The review says that RTC doesn't work for Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby, and I also wanted to know how does it work. I have only tried EzFlash's 3-in-1 with Rudolph's Homebrew to make it work...

gosp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
GaciX 69 said:
I have a question about M3's GBA Expansion Pack... Is it good? Does anybody tried it? The review says that RTC doesn't work for Pokemon Sapphire/Ruby, and I also wanted to know how does it work. I have only tried EzFlash's 3-in-1 with Rudolph's Homebrew to make it work...

It's good. I've never tried Sapphire/Ruby, but realtime save and cheats work great on almost all. Be sure it's the expansion pack and not the rumble or rumbleram pack.

GaciX 69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
New question, and I still haven't bought the card: Now that the M3Sakura's official USA/Europe Firmware has been released (and it has TouchPod inside it), can I use my savegames in both firmwares? For example, I play a game with M3Sakura, but for some reason it hangs or has problems, so can I just change to TouchPod and load my last save? And viceversa?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
both use the same savetypes.

just make sure all DS games and saves are in the root:\NDS folder, and all GBA games in the root:\GBA folder (replace root with the driveletter your PC gives to your microSD reader)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone