Hacking Questions about FuSa and downgrading.

Rakarr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been wanting to hack my PSP for some time now. I'm not very savvy, but using your lovely guides here I was able to get a hack for my firmware 6.20 PSP 2000. At least I think that's what I have.

Unfortunately, my primary reason for hacking was for fullscreen output using AV cables, and the only plugin that I know accomplishes that, FuSa SD (not the gamepad), doesn't work on 6.20.

There's a lot of very confusing information out there, so I thought my best chance would be to ask you fine people.My question is... can anybody recommend to me the easiest and most trouble free method of hacking my PSP and downgrading its PSP firmware to a level compatible with FuSa SD? I don't want to have to use special batteries if I can avoid it.. just the memory stick and the USB cable.
I don't even know what the latest firmware FuSa works with is, or... really what I'm doing at all. I don't even remember what firmware my PSP originally came with, before I stupidly upgraded to 6.20, but I believe it's an early PSP 2000 model if that helps.

Ideally I'd be able to play later games as well - 3rd Birthday being the latest, I think - but more than anything I'd like to be able to make this fullscreen SD output work. Some of you may think I should be finding this information for myself, but... I'm seriously lost. Please advise.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried neuron's port for 6.3x? I don't know whether it'll work fine on 6.20 but from where you are you lose nothing of importance updating there if it doesn't.

Rakarr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, thank you very much. It works in that the game actually runs now, but the plugin doesn't recognise the cable. I'm hoping that's just because it's buggy on this firmware - the PSP itself recognises it for the sake of displaying the PSP's menu on the TV.

It looks like I might have to upgrade to 6.3X. I'm not really sure whether Pro is available for anything between 6.20 and 6.60... and I'm also not sure how to safely uninstall the 6.20 version. I'll have to look into it, but I'll also be glad for any continued advice.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
What I have been able to find is that neuron's port is buggy, fusa itself can't handle bigger games and TV internal zoom is much better option. I can play fullscreen with my philips when I select "fit to screen" and wait couple of seconds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.