Questions about freeShop and online play

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by shitface, Feb 16, 2017.

1. shitface
    OP

shitface Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Hi everyone,
    I've been reading in the forum about Luma3DS and freeShop, I wanted to ask a few questions I didn't find answers for:

1. If I install freeShop, will I be able to download titles I don't own if I find the title keys on the web?

2. If I do that, will online play on those titles be safe? Since many people will be using the same title key. I've also been reading all these stuff about header and unique ID, which I'm not sure what they mean. I don't want to risk getting banned.

3. I understand that updating from a previous version to 11.3 after Luma3DS is already installed is perfectly safe and CFW functionality remains, is that something I can assume to any update that will come out or will I need to check it before I update my 3DS each time?

4. Same question as 3, but regarding to games downloaded through freeShop, should they be able to survive updates to the games themselves and to the 3DS system?

As you can see, I'm a noob at this. I really did try to find all of the information myself but found only some.
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can advise me. :)

Last edited by shitface, Feb 16, 2017
    ofayto likes this.
  2. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    1). Yes

2). Yes you will be safe as long as you don't go online with a game before it's released in your region/cheating online obviously

3). Check to confirm from people before doing so.

4). They should yes

Ask all you want :)

ofayto likes this.
  3. shitface
    OP

shitface Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Awesome, so just to double check, after I download a game I don't own through freeShop there isn't anything else I need to do to safely play online without the risk of getting banned? Like all of this header stuff for example.

Last edited by shitface, Feb 16, 2017
  4. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    CIA games don't have headers. Headers are in cartridges only. CIA uses the console's header for online play, and CIA game from freeShop is identical to a game downloaded from e-shop that you legally bought. There is literally no difference between the two, so there's no way to differentiate between a pirated and bought game other than your purchase history. But Nintendo is not known to check that.

ofayto likes this.
  5. shitface
    OP

shitface Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    Awesome stuff, thanks so much to both of you! :) I think that's about it for me.