Gaming Questions about flash cards

Hervorragend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First, here is a list of things I'm sorry about(searched for 2 hours for answers but still have some unanswered ones).

1. It's probably been reposted before
2. Some questions might be dumb
3. I posted in the wrong section

ok :) now here are the questions

1. *most important* can I play Animal crossing new leaf online on the 3DS XL with a flash card?
2. What flash card can do that/best one?
3. How big should the SD card be?
4. What is this nand thing?

More questions to come when I think of them >.>

Hervorragend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
far as i knew, animal crossing is a 3ds game, if you want play 3ds games and your console firmware stayed on v4.1-4.5, then you can buy gateway 3ds or mt-card. gateway 3ds in terms of features are best, it supports all latest 3ds games ,eshop games or online games. If you want play 3ds games,suggest you choose a micro sd card size higher than 8G. So called NAND means by using this function we can emulator higher version 3ds games on our lower version 3ds console.

Wow thank you for responding :) I just bought a 3DS XL from Ebay but I'm not sure what the firmware version is. I saw a thread and I think it said that you can't play animal crossing online with any flash cards including gateway. Is this true? You mentioned online games but does that only include games that online have multiplayer (which I'm not sure if it exists or not).

Hervorragend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
you can check your console firmware version from home menu"system settings ", if your console firmware stayed on 4.1-4.5,you can use gateway 3ds play animal crossing with gateway 3ds. gateway 3ds supports online 3ds games or eshop games,yet, you'd better backup your system nand first.

Dude you're the best XD know a place where I can find gateway for a cheap price?

Hervorragend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
1. yeah, animal crossing is a 3ds rom, you should make sure your 3ds now is on V4.5-4.1, then you can buy one 3ds flashcart.
2. Currently the two stands out are gateway 3ds and mt card. And between them, gateway has more features and is the original devlopers, MT is close, but lacks a few features like save dumping, game cart dumping, homebrew support ....and possibly something else i forget, they are both pretty much the same price, so i suggest you get the gateway. Gateway is some niceness. I liked the first so much that I bought a second from r4depot, which is the most reliable store in my eyes, if you need one, go ahead.
3. the sd card should be 8G to 32G because the 3ds game size is big.
4. nand? do you mean the emunand feature? find the answer from other gba thread : emuNAND is a homebrew feature (therefore, only for 4.1-4.5) that allows you to copy the Operative System (firmware) of a 3DS to its removable SD card and boot it from there. The rule is that the 3DS will always boot under the regular (original) firmware, then you must enable the homebrew in order for emuNAND to work. emuNAND, as it's using a copy of the Operative System, allows you to be able to update the console upto the latest version, because the real firmware of the 3DS will remain in 4.5-4.1, so you can have the privileges of an updated 3DS without losing the gateway (exploit) that allows the use of flashcards and homebrew.

Thanks! I like your answers they are very specific :P where can I get gateway for as cheap as I can?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr