questions about emunand on 9.2, pasta and rxtools

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Gianni90, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Gianni90
    OP

Gianni90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    hello, i spent my entire morning trying to figure out what is rxtools and wich are the difference between it and pasta cfw (wich i have had till now). i have 9.2.0.20E firmware. here's what i understood:

-rxtools, as pasta, now support signature patches. it means that now we can install unsigned .cia on 3ds sysnand, but to start them, we always need to start the exploit first;
    -to start rxtools, we don't need cubic ninja (as we do for pasta) we just need to go to a website from the 3ds and it will boot the exploit;
    -the way to install .cia from rxtools is through fbi injection, to install then bigbluemenu for a better .cia support (such as see unique id for 3ds .cia)

now, i think that the points above are right (if i made some mistake, tell me).
    i have some doubt though.
    -is there any way to have emunand without downgrade to 4.5 firmware? (i have 9.2.0.20E firmware, as i said above)
    -do i need to do a nand backup from rxtools menu?
    -what is slot0x25KeyX.bin and what is it purpose?
    -does Ygw Eshop Spoofer works to download update from eshop so i can play new title online? (i have ssb4 cartdrige, but when i try to play online it say i need to download an update and to donwload it i need to access eshop wich need to update console)

2. R23D2

R23D2 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 12, 2015
    Netherlands
    do you have an old 3ds or new one?

i was in the same boat as you if you had an old 3ds. i have sysnand 9.2 and emunand to 9.8
    i use the webbroweser exploit to get to rxtools.

i didnt downgrade my firmware to 4.5 at all.

i followed this tutorial.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

1. so yes it is possible to have emunand without downgrading.
    2. i did do a nand back up from gateway as well as from rxtools. better safe then sorry.
    3. the slotkey is used to decrypt games above firmware 7x if i am not mistaken
    4. i dont use eshop so i have no idea.

goodluck! took me 3 hours to do it all, but i am noob!

Gianni90 likes this.
  3. Gianni90
    OP

Gianni90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    Thanks a lot. I have o3ds as you! I will try this as soon as I can.

Last edited by Gianni90, Jul 14, 2015
  4. VerseHell

VerseHell GBAtemp Psycho!

Jun 29, 2014
    France
    You don't need any eshop spoof on o3ds as long as you have an updated emunand. (currently 9.9)
    And you can downgrade your mset (system settings app) to launch rxToils from here, but only with the 3.0 beta versions.

Gianni90 likes this.
  5. Gianni90
    OP

Gianni90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    allright, so i check the guide @R23D2 linked and i have installed the mset exploit on 9.x so that i can start rxtools from ds profile (i have had already rxtools installed with fbi injection, bigbluemenu, savedata filer and one .cia game of mine).
    but i have not sets emunand nor backup it. can i do it now from gateway exploit? and if i do the backup now, will it backup also the .cia i have already installed? and will i lose all because i have to format?
    i'm so confused, there are lot of exploits, lot of names and lot of stuff and it's very messy :S

6. Gianni90
    OP

Gianni90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
  7. Gianni90
    OP

Gianni90 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    allright, solved. i backed up nand, update emunand to latest fw (9.9.x), tested eshop, tested .cia manager. all works fine till now.

@mods you can close this thread if you want.