yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Recently been looking to try one of the new Slot-1 solutions and the DS-Link has recieved lots of positive feedback, but I still have a few questions.

1. Does it matter what MicroSD I use? My M3/SC didn't matter which one I used, no slowdowns ever.
2. Apparently the Castlevania intro lags? Some people say it doesn't though.
3. Compatibility good? I've looked for compatibility lists far and low and they don't seem to be very good.

Thanks in advance.

yong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1.sorry,i'm not sure about this.all i know is that the kingston micro sd works fine.
2.yup,sadly the castlevania DOS intro still lags with the dslink.there's no problem with the gameplay though.i guess the dslink support doesn't see this as a problem and that's why they didn't make a fix regarding this issue.
3.compatibility is great!tony hawk DJ is the only heavy hitter that doesn't work here (unless you like nacho libre and tom & jerry,hehe) but i'm pretty sure that the upcoming software & firmware updates will fix this.by the way,dslink support is very good.they've already fixed the mini-game problem of NSMB!EBA,FFIII (haven't confirmed this),yoshi's island,starsign,contact,PW2,mana,etc. works with dslink
biggrin.gif

yee

OP
Trophies
Website
revscene.net
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the input.

Does anyone know if Lostmagic and/or Animal Crossing lags during loading screens?

Also, how do pictures go beside the game in the menu? Do I have to manually import them?

marzxbarz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume you mean the game icon next to the games name. DSLink automatically places that there, no need to upload it yourself.

IIRC, Animal Crossing didn't seem to lag, but I don't have the original cart to test the speed of that. Either way, it was much faster than the Supercard SD that I originally had.

Vincent Vega

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DS-Link Team recommend Kingmax MicroSD cards. Other brands should work but they say Kingmax cards have better performance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @K3Nv2 I'm still not really convinced that sylverrez is a girl lol