Hacking Questions about compatibility and some features of EZ5i

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a DSi XL. How is the compatibility (english games only) with the latest firmware and kernel? Any good (or popular) games that have problems? How does the rom compatibility compares to Acekard 2i?

One of the EZ5i features i like is the in game walkthrough. Does it work well with all games? Is it easy to set up and use?

How about the RTS feature? Does it still have bugs with some games, with the latest fw/kernel?

lolet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's a link to the reported game problems in the latest Kernel. (Which is 3.0 OB2 at the moment)
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=16747

This is a quote from the same forum posted yesterday.
Mbmax said:
The final version of OB3 should happen next week, if all goes well.

Here is the change log :

- 4951 - Jam with the Band (E) = save size fixed.
- 5197 - One Piece: Gigant Battle! (J) = special mode no more required
- 5215 - Pocket Monster : White (J)
- 5216 - Pocket Monster : Black (J)
- 5237 - My Sims Sky Heroes (E) = special mode no more required
- 5255 - Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (J) = special mode no more required

So the compatibility seems to be pretty good and improving. I can't answer on your other questions yet as I don't have an EZVi myself. But I've ordered one and I'll probably get in the coming two weeks.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
for some reason, I like my EZ5i more than I do the acekard
I think it's an underrated cart,
I haven't had too much problems with compatibility

Dead Ghost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If that list of compatibility is correct, then i'm a little disappointed, as Puzzle Quest 2 and Dementium II don't appear to work with the latest fw/kernel. And they're not exactly very new games, they've been out for a while...

lolet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@RoMee
Is that the US version of Dementium 2? Also have you tried The EU version of Puzzle Quest 2?

My EZVi arrived at the post office today so I'll probably get it on my way home tomorrow. I'll try out the real time features and write back here when I do.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lolet said:
@RoMee
Is that the US version of Dementium 2? Also have you tried The EU version of Puzzle Quest 2?

My EZVi arrived at the post office today so I'll probably get it on my way home tomorrow. I'll try out the real time features and write back here when I do.

it's the (U) version

QUOTE said:
Also have you tried The EU version of Puzzle Quest 2?

not yet, sorry

- 4237 - Combat of Giants - Dragons (E) = AP (thanks soda) (SM speed5=ok)
- 4695 - Puzzle Chronicles (U) = white screens (thansk bettamaster)
- 4738 - Estpolis - the landscursed by the gods (J) = black screen after the intro screen (Thanks wing-eyes) (SM speed5=ok)
- 4743 & 4757 - Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (U) & (E) = black screens (thanks Cherube) (SM speed5=ok)
- 4784 - Jacqueline Wilson's Tracy Beaker: The Game (E) = AP. white screens. (Thanks Ju5tus) (SM speed5=ok)
- 4812/4915 - Warioware : D.I.Y (U/E) = On non HC microSD (1GB, 2GB), freeze after time/date confirmation. (Thanks Drag0nflamez & Falcon Punch)
- 4951 - Jam with the Band (E) = two black screens after creating save and 8MB save file. Perhaps a 16 or 32MB save is required (filled with 00 patern) ? (thanks jonez001)
- 4952 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (E) = black screens. (thanks jonez001)
- 5029 - Puzzle Quest 2 (U) = black screens after cracktro with the cracked released. Whites screens with the clean dump. (Thanks qlume)
- 5061 - Best Friends Tonight (U) = white screens. (Thanks Ju5tus)
- 5134 - Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands (USA) = black screens. (Thanks Wing-eyes)
- 5197 - One Piece: Gigant Battle! (J) = AP. White screens (Thanks Wing-Eyes) (SM speed5=ok)
- 5216 - Pocket Monster : Black (J) = AP. No exp point earned once a pokmeon is defeated. (Thanks larss)
- 5215 - Pocket Monster : White (J) = AP. No exp point earned once a pokmeon is defeated. (Thanks larss)
- 5237 - My Sims Sky Heroes (E) = AP. white screens (Thanks Jonez001) (SM speed5=ok)
- 5240 - Dementium II: Tozasareta Byoutou (J) = AP. cannot save. (Thanks wing-eyes)
- 5246 - Dementium II (E) = AP. Can't save
- 5255 - Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded (J) = AP. (Thanks wing-eyes) 'SM sped6=ok)

lol, I have none of these roms on my EZ5i..I use the EZ5i for RPG only

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: