Hacking questions about cioscorp

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently saw info about this and am interested in finding out more; my questions are the following;

I've been playing backups already for some time, and am now using neogamma 7 with cios38rev14.

Q: Is cioscorps meant to use in conjunction with other methods of playing backups, ie to add funtionality and/or compatability? Or is it an alternative to these??

Q: If it's meant as an alternative to cios38r14 and other software mods, will installing cioscorps over my current setup have any consequences I should be aware of?? Will it cause anything I have to stop working?

Q: Also, since it replaces all IOS's will this prevent me from using other hacks or homebrew in the future?

Q: I read that uninstalling involves reinstalling all the original IOS's. Does this bring my wii back to a prehacked state? Will I have to do everything over again to get it to play homebrew and backups again if I do this??

Q: last question; is there any other benefit over my currant backup method other than use of the disc channel? Is the compatibilty with games any different?? Will I get to play any games that might not have worked w/ neogamma7 and rev14??

I've tried looking up info and discussions about this, and I suspect these issues were never directly addressed in threads because these things are mostly obvious or common knowledge.

Great thanks to any who answer these questions.
rolleyes.gif

leondmsmith

Trophies
XP
Country
If your gonna install it, create a nand backup of your wii whilst already hacked as it is now, that way you can always go back.

I personally like CIOSCORP, many many dont. If you want disc channel loading its the best way to go, you can still keep your Neo Gamma as well for any games that wont load through the CORP.

It will keep your CIOS 249 R14 still on system but replace all normal IOS with CIOS (customer IOS) which allows copies to be played.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are asking for answers and not hearsay, flaming, or the whole Cioscorp debate, I'll try to leave personal opinion out.

QUOTE said:
Q: Is cioscorps meant to use in conjunction with other methods of playing backups, ie to add funtionality and/or compatability? Or is it an alternative to these??
A: Cioscorps takes the disc reading module out of the Cios and adds it to the ios'es that your games use. It does not replace cios, it infact intergrates the cios much more fully into the wii. By doing this it adds the functionality of loading straight from the disc channel, as well as fixing the 002 error natively.

QUOTE said:
Q: If it's meant as an alternative to cios38r14 and other software mods, will installing cioscorps over my current setup have any consequences I should be aware of?? Will it cause anything I have to stop working?

Q: Also, since it replaces all IOS's will this prevent me from using other hacks or homebrew in the future?

A: There are some consequences, and/or precautions you need to be aware of. By changing the standard ios'es of your wii, you are putting yourself at a much bigger chance of bricking from things like system updates. Also some homebrew is not compatible with ios'es that are fakesigned (like newest version of HBC) However if you take the time to make a backup, install bootmii, and be patient for homebrew updaters then you can avoid most of the troubles.

QUOTE said:
Q: I read that uninstalling involves reinstalling all the original IOS's. Does this bring my wii back to a prehacked state? Will I have to do everything over again to get it to play homebrew and backups again if I do this??

A: The only way to uninstall cioscorp is to install the proper ios'es back. It does not remove any homebrew you may have installed (except for system menu hacks, and preloader), and does not effect the hbc. If you are using the newest versions release by Da_Letter_A, there is an included uninstaller to help with this process.

Q: last question; is there any other benefit over my currant backup method other than use of the disc channel? Is the compatibilty with games any different?? Will I get to play any games that might not have worked w/ neogamma7 and rev14??

A: Currently you should not see any difference in compatibility, except for games that are not of your region. There is no way to make your disc channel force ntsc, for example without using a backup launcher or system menu hacks.

Sorry for the long post, but I felt it needed to be done.

j0nnywolf

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, that actually helped alot.

I think I'd actually go with this if I was going to keep burning my games to dvd.
using the disc channel is nice and convenient.

But I do have a harddrive on the way that I plan to use w/ usbloader.

Far as I can tell, using a usb loader trumps this. I'll know for sure when I start using it.

I'll post back here if I have any questions in the future. Thanks again.

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My advice is: NO CIOSCORP.
A lot of people bricked their wii by touching this, and its unneccesary to run a dvd backup from disc channel.. its even faster from running a neogamma channel, ( and if it is faster, 0_0 3 sec?)
You could get a nice piece of brick for only to start a backup 3 sec faster.. But not everyone got the brick, so its your choice if you do it or not.
Golden Rule: You have now a working console, why fk around with it too much till it bricks? Better a working one then a Bricked one.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've never used cIOSCORP. But, from reading, it seems that if you choose it, only use that and nothing else.

It's when you mix it with other things, you cause bricks. If games don't work, wait for an official fix and don't try to fix it yourself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey