Hacking Homebrew Questions about cfw

Lappiedoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, so i got a psp slim recently and im going to get it downgraded tomorrow prolly. This because i dont know how to do it and i dont have a fatpsp batt to begin with. Anyway my question(s) is after the initial downgrade, will i need to upgrade the cfw later on if there is a new release? If so can i do it myself or do i need to go back to the "downgrade guy" again? When I bricked my psp is it hard to unbrick myself or do i need to go to the guy again? How do I know if my psp is semi-bricked?

Last question is more about games itself, I read you can play PSX games on psp. I plan on playing FFVII again after I have it downgraded, I saw that you put like one CD on your memory and replace when with the 2nd when you're at that point. But if my memory doesnt fail me >.> when i played FFVII i think there were sometimes when i was at 2nd or 3rd disc and when i went back to some place it would ask me to insert the previous cd. If so does this mean i'd have to put 2 cds on my memory?

I'm sorry if im a bit unclear about my questions, I hope you ppl can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to if there is a new one, but you might want to because of better compatibility and/or better features. Once you have installed a custom firmware it's relatively easy to fix a brick because of the recovery menu.

With the PSX, specifically FFVII, you never had to swap disc back when you played on a regular PSX, why would you have to do it on the PSP? Basically, what I'm saying is no, the disc swapping is more for scripts and movies on that disc that is all. Once you've moved on to another disc, you've already passed all those scripts and movies and won't have to load them again.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Once you have cfw installed, its easy to update. All the updates so far have been an eboot that you run just like if you were going to run a game or app. Sometimes it requires a few extra files that you just stick on the MS.

If you're that worried about bricking it, buy a spare battery to use as a pandora and an keep a backup of the required MS files so that you can unbrick it yourself later. You'll also be able to downgrade and/or install cfw on other people's PSPs.

About the PSX games, you can put however many discs on it as you want. It's totally up to you and how much space you have on your MS. However I believe there are some issues with swapping discs in the middle of the game. I haven't dealt with that part myself. However booting straight from Disc 2, 3 ,etc shouldn't be a problem.

Lappiedoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for you fast reply @_@! I guess that clears a lot of stuff for me!

Bout the game, well its long time ago that i played PSX but it either was FFVII or Chrono Cross that was asking me for a previously disc or its just my bad memory >.> thanks!

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You've got a bad memory. The only games I remember that asked for any type of discs was the old monster rancher games that used specific discs to create a unique character.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall that ever happening in any PSX games either.

Only maybe when you try to load a save from Disc 1 after booting Disc 2 for example, but never during the actual game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4