Homebrew Questions about BootAnim9

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 725
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
I think it is time for some edgy boot animations, but I have a few questions first.
  • Since I need to replace my arm9loaderhax.bin, how do I merge it with Luma3DS
  • How do I use it in newbie terms, (file layout)
  • If I make a animation that is 1 second, will it only last for 1 second or will it loop until the device has finished loading.
  • Do top/bottom animations need to be in the same file?
Thanks for reading this!

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Put the Luma a9lh.bin in /anim and name it "arm9payload"
2. Each animation goes inside the /anim folder. Each folder containing an animation needs to be a number. So, you would put the animation files in /anim/0. I could show you an example if it's confusing.
3. The animation would play for one second. I don't think you can have it loop unless you loop it yourself.
4. I think they're separate files. I don't know for sure though. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :D

Last edited by Magical Sheep,
D

Deleted User

OP
1. Put the Luma a9lh.bin in /anim and name it "arm9payload"
2. Each animation goes inside the /anim folder. Each folder containing an animation needs to be a number. So, you would put the animation files in /anim/0. I could show you an example if it's confusing.
3. The animation would play for one second. I don't think you can have it loop unless you loop it yourself.
4. I think they're separate files. I don't know for sure though. Correct me if I'm wrong, please. :D
Okay, so I made folders 0-9, and put my top animation, which is the only one that is done atm, in 1, and I turn my 3ds on, and it just boots to luma. I try adding it to 0 and it didn't work.

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I made folders 0-9, and put my top animation, which is the only one that is done atm, in 1, and I turn my 3ds on, and it just boots to luma. I try adding it to 0 and it didn't work.
You only really need the folder named "0" in /anim, but you can have the others if you want different animations to play on boot. It'll randomly pick any from 0-9 when it turns on, and then it will play that one. You can delete folders 1-9 if you dont plan on using them. Make sure the anim and config file are both in /anim/0, and that the Luma arm9loaderhax.bin is in /anim named "arm9payload"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte