Questions about 3in1 and Acekard 2.1

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Tokyo Jihen, Aug 19, 2010.

Aug 19, 2010
  1. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Just got my ez flash 3in1 for my DSLite. I have an Acekard 2.1. I have a couple questions;

1. Does the Acekard 2.1 backup saves and what does this really mean? (like how is it different from storing regular saves?)
    2. Is GBATA or a similar ROM patching program necessary for some games? I read that the 2.1 does it automatically when you load the game, but I've also read that it sometimes doesn't work. Is this true?

I'm just sort of worried that if the batteries goes out or something goes wrong I'll lose all the saves :/

2. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    The firmware settings let you copy your game (and the related save file) from your SD card to the 3in1+. When you turn your DS back on, the default settings will then copy your save back from the "permanent" memory of the 3in1+ back to your SD. If you don't let the firmware back up your saves, you'll only be using the save on the SD card. One of the downsides of letting the firmware manage your gba games is that it "burns" the game each and every time into the volatile memory, even if you only have one gba game.

If you use GBA Exploader, you can turn your 3in1+ into a "retail cart". It will copy the game into the "permanent" memory. You will then have to manually backup your save to the SD card, otherwise it will stay on the 3in1+ and you'll have to use Exploader to rip your save back.

3. EJames2100

Member EJames2100 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    It backs them up when you start your DS up again, and nothing like having back-ups [​IMG]

Yes for games that have saving problems GBAta is needed to SRAM patch them.

If the Battery goes out, it means that it will no longer work(I think), but apparently you can get them cheap and are easy to install yourself.

4. Tokyo Jihen
    OP

Member Tokyo Jihen GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nice answers guys, thanks. All is well with my new 3in1 [​IMG]