Question?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by djeagles11, Aug 25, 2010.

Aug 25, 2010

Question? by djeagles11 at 4:55 PM (778 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. djeagles11
    OP

Newcomer djeagles11 Newbie

Canada
    Hey,

Noob here. I have hacked my Wii, using BannerBomb, and installing HomeBrew and Darkcorp 1.1 I am running on 4.2.

Problem I am having is this: I downloading and burned copies of Madden NFL 11 and Lego Harry Potter. NFL 11 worked great, but I gave my son Harry Potter to try, and it asked for an update...my son did this without mentioning it to me. Harry Potter didn't work after he updated, and now Madden is not working also.

I have did some digging, as a lot of the newer games are not working for me, and I have come across people saying the you need CIOS 15 installed. I have put the installer onto my SD Card, loaded it up through HomeBrew, but when it cays to "Press A button to continue", my wiimote shuts off, and I can't do anything to install the cIOS.

Also, since I put Homebrew and darkcorp 1.1 onto my sons Wii, his retail copy of NSMB only works for about 5 minutes before freezing...any thoughts?

Thanks for all your help.

2. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Game most likely installed a newer version of an IOS so its not longer patched

NSMB issue is not related. You either need to patch the ISO or use a loader that can patch it. It included some new form of anti-piracy protection.

3. djeagles11
    OP

Canada
    OK...that's what I figured...how do I go about fixing it? Thanks for the quck reply.

4. Lexip;

Member Lexip; GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I don't have much experience with darkcorp, but I would imagine reinstalling it would work. You might want to wait for another reply.

5. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    It's enough to reinstall darkcorp, then everything should work again. You can block disc and system updates with priiloader. To fix New Super Mario Bros Wii, follow THIS tutorial and use the step "Patching/Fixing the ISO"

6. djeagles11
    OP

Canada
    I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling darkcorp, but when I go to pick that either option, it starts, then the Wii shutss of, and green light comes back on, and that's it. I am thinking I may be screwed.

7. FIX94

Germany
    No, everything sould still work. You need to reinstall the cIOS before reinstall darkcorp.

8. djeagles11
    OP

Canada
    I get you now, but what cIOS do I need to reinstall?

Whenever I use Homebrew to try to install anything, when I got to the apps main page, the Wiimote shuts off....starting to get frigging frustrating.

9. FIX94

Germany
    Install cIOS249 v17. Use IOS36 to install it and choose network installation.

10. djeagles11
    OP

Canada
    Thanks for your help, but I can't even get the Wiimote to stay on to use any of these Apps....worked fine for a few days, now it's not staying synced up. I give up.

11. FIX94

Germany
    Why do you want to give up now? Reinstall the homebrew channel with the latest hackmii installer vie bannerbomb.

12. djeagles11
    OP

Canada
    Ahhhh...I will try that...never thought....