Question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Yumi, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Yumi
    OP

Yumi With Love<3

Apr 19, 2010
    Mexico
    Ixtapalapa
    Newbie here (woohoo?)

Any way, if this is the wrong place to ask a question then by all means (obviously) move this to the forum. :wtf:

Straight to the point, I have a WD-HDD 200GB My Book and I've recently downloaded the WBFS Manager 3.0

Only those that know what its function is do please reply/answer my question.

What I want to know is that if I format my My Book(MB) into a WBFS(if it's even possible), will I still be able to save other files rather than just ISO's (for wii) after formatting? I have music/documents/etc that I will save on my PC before doing such action but want to be sure if I can still format the MB to WBFS and after formatted, and after adding ISOs, can I still move the music/documents/etc back into the MB?

I know I repeated a few things but that's a more elaborated question.

Any pointers? [​IMG]

2. Dter ic

Dter ic ~

Feb 19, 2009
    on you MB you need to shrink one of your partitions on vista/7. to do this go to start right click in computer and disk management then right click on MB shrink partition, once that is done create a new fat32 partiton (don't format tho) and format fat32 partition using WBFS manager. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. zuron7

zuron7 RBYG

Apr 6, 2009
    India
    GPS not available in this area
    You can keep only Wii ISO's in a WBFS formatted partition.
    So You'll have to create a partition formatted to either NTFS or Fat32.

Look at the stickies in the Wii forums and all your questions will be answered.

4. Yumi
    OP

Yumi With Love<3

Apr 19, 2010
    Mexico
    Ixtapalapa
    I see. [​IMG]

Thanks Dter ic for the information (will do!)

and thanks zuron7 for a path of answers (in case I need more questions answered)

Both were much of help indeed!
    [​IMG]

5. smf

smf GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 23, 2009
    Never, ever ever, format a disk as WBFS.