Hacking question.

darkriku197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played me wii for anything other than brawl for the past couple of months, so im kind of out of the loop. Its the release date for TOS2 and im trying to get ready for when the iso is out.

Can i just update from any game or is there firmware out that bricks wiis?

and this doesnt need an answer but how long does it usually take from release date until an iso is out on the net?

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
darkriku197 said:
I haven't played me wii for anything other than brawl for the past couple of months, so im kind of out of the loop. Its the release date for TOS2 and im trying to get ready for when the iso is out.

Can i just update from any game or is there firmware out that bricks wiis?

and this doesnt need an answer but how long does it usually take from release date until an iso is out on the net?

1. If you want to use the backup loader just do not update

2. well sometimes the iso is out some days before release sometimes it takes some days ... but i assume such a title that anyone wants will be dumped in the next hours ...

darkriku197

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well what im asking is, is there any risk to updating with the current firmware? (besides the obvious of updating with a different region).

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
considering your signature states you have a D2ckey then you shouldnt have a issue with loaders..

however the latest updates from the nintendo servers post 23/10/08 block the installing of .wads

there is a fix for this but best not to update.

deervark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It just makes things more difficult, and there is an indirect risk - you might botch the process to undo the signing bugfix and there are always risks when installing/uninstalling non-nintendo code. if you are determined to update there are ways to do it without going through nintendo, i believe there are download packs around here that contain what you need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte