[Question] What's the difference between A9LH and Safe A9LH

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by spkuja, Mar 25, 2016.

1. spkuja
    OP

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    Hey guys, I may be asking a complete noob question here. Apart from the obvious, that it's safer, what's the difference between the two?

I have A9LH installed on my N3DS with CakesCFW, so is there any need to update? Or is it only an updated and safer method to install the hack? I'm a little confused to be honest and I can#t seem to find any answers.

Thanks in advance!

Ecko3351 likes this.
  2. EmuAGR

EmuAGR GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2016
    It's a safer installer. If you are happy with your current installation, don't worry.

3. Dentora

Dentora Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    Canada
    SafeA9LH Installer is just used for installing or updating A9LH without having to compile a individual installer for just your system. You only have to build the Stage 1 & 2 payloads (secret_sector also needed for o3ds only) for updating and put them into a "a9lh" folder in your SD. Really there isn't much point in updating atm unless you want screen init if you don't already have it but only for Boot Animations atm as I think most CFW have screen init now.

Last edited by Dentora, Mar 25, 2016
  4. spkuja
    OP

spkuja GBAtemp Regular

May 7, 2007
    Ahh okay, thanks for the explanations. I'm happy with what I have right now, it allows me to have splash screens at boot so that's good :-)