Hacking [Question] Whats the deal with 9.6 and EmuNand

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway announced support for 9.2 and then 9.3 patched their ARM11 kernel exploit. Then 9.5 patched their ARM9 exploit. So to have emuNAND on 9.6 you'd have to find another ARM11 kernel and then ARM9 kernel exploit. And you don't just burn those because a few stupid people updated past 9.2. Don't expect anything else for a good year or two.

Edit: Derp, emuNAND. For emuNAND the issue is similar, you'd need an exploit which worked on 9.6 because keyslot 0x11 is screwed over. Or a bootrom exploit. Now if GW somehow has the keyX's for keyslots then they could do something.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem is I have 9.0 on my n3ds and can't use it online (pokemon bank) without out emunand, which I only got the ability to use literally when 9.6 came out so I can't actually update my emunand to current software version

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
problem is I have 9.0 on my n3ds and can't use it online (pokemon bank) without out emunand, which I only got the ability to use literally when 9.6 came out so I can't actually update my emunand to current software version

Do a HW mod, backup your NAND, update SYSNAND, do your business, restore your NAND, and send a bill with the costs to the Gatewait team.
As they are dead, MIA, on some beach laughing at us, etc; they will of course not pay.

Reactions: thorasgar
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Gateway announced support for 9.2 and then 9.3 patched their ARM11 kernel exploit. Then 9.5 patched their ARM9 exploit. So to have emuNAND on 9.6 you'd have to find another ARM11 kernel and then ARM9 kernel exploit. And you don't just burn those because a few stupid people updated past 9.2. Don't expect anything else for a good year or two.

Edit: Deep, emuNAND. For emuNAND the issue is similar, you'd need an exploit which worked on 9.6 because keyslot 0x11 is screwed over. Or a bootrom exploit. Now if GW somehow has the keyX's for keyslots then they could do something.

This extra encryption only happens on New3DS correct?

cynique

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Is it possible to update emunand with a rom from another region ??If not which Japanese rom has fw useful for this?
I want to update MY 8.1j n3ds emunand for the first time

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This extra encryption only happens on New3DS correct?
Yes. And to expand on my previous post, the big deal with 0x11 is NCCH keyslots, which are generated using 0x11 which in itself is generated on a newly seeded 0x11. Since we don't have the original 0x11 we cannot generate keys for the NCCH keyslots so we cannot install newer apps, services, applets, games, FIRMs, etc.

Reactions: GaaraPrime

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People keep saying that the new encryption only happens on the N3DS. Does that mean that 9.6 emunand is working on the O3DS?

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

nyder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People keep saying that the new encryption only happens on the N3DS. Does that mean that 9.6 emunand is working on the O3DS?

I am updating my emunand on my 2DS even as I type this. But it's going slow, so I'm going to stop typing now. My 2DS currently doesn't have anything on it since I transfered my stuff to my new 3ds, but if I can get to eshop then cool. 1/4 way thru. How was your weather today? Hit the 70's here in Seattle. Bong hit time. Hmmm, it's taking it's sweet time at 3/4. Guess another bong hit. Hmm, an error has occurred, that isn't good.

Okay, couple reboots, then having to copy the launcher.dat back over because for whatever reason the one there wasn't working, finishing the system update and now rebooting system.

Okay, after doing exploit to get into gateway, both screens are black. Tried again, both black. Now I'm seeing if I reformat the emunand if that will help, but probably not. It's looking like no one can do 9.6 emunand currently. Though if I'm understanding everything correctly, the old 3DS will probably have an update quicker then the new 3DS.

Reactions: Ronhero

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.