Hardware [Question] What firmware will Fire Emblem: Fates edition N3DS XL be on?

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Originally I followed the tutorial in the Tutorial and FAQ section. Though now I kind of do my own since most of the time SafeSysUpdater tends to soft-brick/frankenfirm a lot.

Edit: Though it looks like the browser is stubbed on these units as it requests an update to connect via Browser.

So it is undowngradeable?

D

Deleted User

So it is undowngradeable?

It is still downgradeable. Though you'll need a different entry point like CN/OOT or some other non-browser based hack.
Though like I said 99% of the time I use SafeSysUpdater it always fails to install the home menu CIA (wonder if menuhax has something to do with this)

Starting it now anyways.

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is still downgradeable. Though you'll need a different entry point like CN/OOT or some other non-browser based hack.
Though like I said 99% of the time I use SafeSysUpdater it always fails to install the home menu CIA (wonder if menuhax has something to do with this)

Starting it now anyways.

Gunner007 I have OOT from way back when gateway first announced their support for N3DS. Is it still the same save file, or has it been updated? Do you know I can update that save file?

D

Deleted User

Gunner007 I have OOT from way back when gateway first announced their support for N3DS. Is it still the same save file, or has it been updated? Do you know I can update that save file?

It's been updated, however I think the homebrew OOT hack requires you install the save from an already hacked 3DS.

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I have a gateway enabled 3ds, so as long as I can get a hold of that save file, I can upload it through gateway recovery. Would you be able to direct me to the OOT guide to access homebrew?

D

Deleted User

Anyways, long story short (CN->Menuhax->SafeSysUpdater->Frankenfirmware again!->fix frankenfirm with CN->downgrade other titles with regular sysupdater installed on sysnand as CIA via pasta -> 9.2!

Before: http://postimg.org/image/r4bbryph5/
After: http://s30.postimg.org/yn4w94wr5/IMG_0296.jpg

Yeah I have a gateway enabled 3ds, so as long as I can get a hold of that save file, I can upload it through gateway recovery. Would you be able to direct me to the OOT guide to access homebrew?

Don't remember the site off the top of my head, but you need the installer and OOTHax files from the homebrew starter kit on your hacked 3DS. Then you pop the cart in, launch the OOT hax installer, and then tell it the save slot, and the system menu of the target 3DS. Then it's just launch the game, run the Hax.

Last edited by ,

the3dsguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll be doing 2 in about 10-15 minutes after I get all set up. I don't see any reason they can't be. It's just a plastic shell over a normal N3DS. I'll let you know how it goes. Worst case is a frankenfirmware you need to fix with CN/OOT.
question was the game Preinstalled or did it come with a Cartridge

Legit Cia Reasons

D

Deleted User

Yes you can use OOT.

The 3DS console doesn't come with a game. Nothing is pre-installed.

D

Deleted User

thats just weird a limited Edition Console comes out for a Game and doesnt come with it Dafuq

Ok I'll delete this cause I'm wrong.

There are some units like Animal Crossing N3DS where the game is preinstalled. Though you obviously pay a higher price than a bog standard n3DS

Last edited by ,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well im not on about it being preinstalled im on about the fact you didnt get the game with it at all lol

D

Deleted User

So, the regular sysupdater works?
Do i need Menuhax or i just can do CN-> Homebrew launcher?

Thanks

No. You still need a memchunkhax2 version of it (whether it's tuxsh/steveice or safesysupdater) [I had to use regular sysupdater due to frankenfirmware created by safesysupdater]

You can do CN->HBL (sometimes I do menuhax bcause it takes like 20+ tries to get it going.
Oddly this one went first try, then soft-bricked as safesysupdater has always done for me ;(
Though that's fairly easy to fix with Pasta.

smsmiguel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
No. You still need a memchunkhax2 version of it (whether it's tuxsh/steveice or safesysupdater) [I had to use regular sysupdater due to frankenfirmware created by safesysupdater]

You can do CN->HBL (sometimes I do menuhax bcause it takes like 20+ tries to get it going.
Oddly this one went first try, then soft-bricked as safesysupdater has always done for me ;(
Though that's fairly easy to fix with Pasta.

Thanks, how you can solve the soft brick with pasta?

D

Deleted User

Thanks, how you can solve the soft brick with pasta?

This guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

Basically it involves using CN/OOT to boot the homebrew menu, launch pasta. Boot OOT/CN again, load FBI and install the regular 0.4.2 sysupdater as a CIA. Then shut down, do the whole CN/OOT boot again, launch pasta, run Sysupdater and downgrade. It will install a few titles and then reboot to a normal 9.2

(Normally what happens is it crashes prior to replacing NVER, so your payload has to reflect that. So your true payload on a frankenfirm would be 9.2.0-27U in this case)

Also, if your unit crashes during the first downgrade, you need to remove the SD to boot it back up.

Anyways, I guess I should say "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-r...mware-w-o-upgrading-to-10-3-or-higher.413368/

Basically it involves using CN/OOT to boot the homebrew menu, launch pasta. Boot OOT/CN again, load FBI and install the regular 0.4.2 sysupdater as a CIA. Then shut down, do the whole CN/OOT boot again, launch pasta, run Sysupdater and downgrade. It will install a few titles and then reboot to a normal 9.2

(Normally what happens is it crashes prior to replacing NVER, so your payload has to reflect that. So your true payload on a frankenfirm would be 9.2.0-27U in this case)

Also, if your unit crashes during the first downgrade, you need to remove the SD to boot it back up.

Anyways, I guess I should say "DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Can you not use browser hax to get menuhax?

D

Deleted User

Can you not use browser hax to get menuhax?

No. I posted it back a bit earlier (at least the two I just did), both of them had stubbed browsers. Attemping to launch browserhax gave the "A system update is required to use this application."

In any case, they are hackable. Have downgraded 2 already to 9.2.0-20U and having a working 10.5 emunand. (Though to be honest, it should always work since they're just normal N3DS consoles)

Edit: You linked the frankenfirm guide, not sure if thats what you meant to do, but in a frankenfirm situation, the browser is still signed with the higher FW, so it fails to load.

Last edited by ,

Devastus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. I posted it back a bit earlier (at least the two I just did), both of them had stubbed browsers. Attemping to launch browserhax gave the "A system update is required to use this application."

In any case, they are hackable. Have downgraded 2 already to 9.2.0-20U and having a working 10.5 emunand. (Though to be honest, it should always work since they're just normal N3DS consoles)

Edit: You linked the frankenfirm guide, not sure if thats what you meant to do, but in a frankenfirm situation, the browser is still signed with the higher FW, so it fails to load.

My bad I didn't scroll up far enough to see your post, such a bummer now I gotta go borrow a copy of OOT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.