Hacking [QUESTION] What filmware will a N3DS be from stock?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Hi all, just wondering - I plan to buy a n3DS XL from the Nintendo Store UK, not sure what the stock FW would be whether it will be auto-downgradeable (9.9 essentially) if anyone knows, or what the latest that they've had arrived with, please post below ^^

Thanks, I plan to buy it mid-june.

upload_2016-5-7_0-25-18.png

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The firmware doesn't really matter much right now, since any 3DS, new or old, can be downgraded. That being said, I don't think we've had any reports of systems being over 10.3 yet, so you should be able to use the web browser to get your foot in the door.

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
The firmware doesn't really matter much right now, since any 3DS, new or old, can be downgraded. That being said, I don't think we've had any reports of systems being over 10.3 yet, so you should be able to use the web browser to get your foot in the door.

Ah okay, I ordered a copy of PSMD to downgrade my 'virgin' o3ds so ill probably use it for that too,

thanks!

Reactions: daxtsu

Magical Sheep

The Super Stylish Cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, if it's important, I got one recently, and it came with v. 9.6. It didn't really matter since, as stated above, downgrades are possible on the newest firmware version. (As of whatever today is.)

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
PSMD has terrible success rates when downgrading. I spent almost a full day testing with no luck whatsoever.

Is OoTHax* essentially more higher rates?

No problem.
It could be region dependent. I live in the States, so of course, mine is the US region.

Possibly, my region is Europe although live in the UK.

Reactions: Magical Sheep

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 3DSs with A9LH installed c:

If it's under 10.3, just use browserhax and menuhax, but if it's over, not sure exactly when it was fixed, seeing as you already have multiple A9LH'd systems, I would recommend getting Ocarina of Time 3DS, a used cart for under $20 and use oothax installer that comes in the homebrew starter pack on one of your already hacked systems. I used my A9LH'd European N3DS to help get my 10.7 US N3DS XL downgraded to 9.2U. :)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If it's under 10.3, just use browserhax and menuhax, but if it's over, not sure exactly when it was fixed, seeing as you already have multiple A9LH'd systems, I would recommend getting Ocarina of Time 3DS, a used cart for under $20 and use oothax installer that comes in the homebrew starter pack on one of your already hacked systems. I used my A9LH'd European N3DS to help get my 10.7 US N3DS XL downgraded to 9.2U. :)
Any new 3ds shipped from Nintendo (ie not refurbished or resold) will be on 10.3 or older.

Browserhax was fixed in 10.6

Last edited by astronautlevel,
Reactions: Selim873

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Browserhax still works up to 10.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up