Hacking [Question] What cfw lets us install *PERSONAL* legit CIA files?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
UPDATE - minipasta does not let me install personal legit cias. neither does gw...
Still looking for a method to do this :)

Hi I remember when I was testing legit cia file creation in FunkyCIA that the personal legit cia files - (cia files with a console id, not a blank console id like preinstalled legit cias) - that these files would only install via PBT cfw and NOT via GW...

is that still the case? what current cfw solutions let us install personal legit cias files?
i would like to hear from people who have tested, because they seem to be a little weird to other pirated/preinstalled legit cia files that seem to install easily. I believe personal legit cia files need more things patched in the fw, for whatever reason, even though it's legit.

I remember @capito27 told me about them working on PBT, so, any input about this now? :)
thanks all, good luck

Last edited by cearp,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I remember when I was testing legit cia file creation in FunkyCIA that the personal legit cia files - (cia files with a console id, not a blank console id like preinstalled legit cias) - that these files would only install via PBT cfw and NOT via GW...

is that still the case? what current cfw solutions let us install personal legit cias files?
i would like to hear from people who have tested, because they seem to be a little weird to other pirated/preinstalled legit cia files that seem to install easily. I believe personal legit cia files need more things patched in the fw, for whatever reason, even though it's legit.

I remember @capito27 told me about them working on PBT, so, any input about this now? :)
thanks all, good luck
Idk ill try for you if you wanna link me one and give it a go in Sysnand? Or will they only work on my console because of the console ID. Try booting into Sysnand with mini pasta install the CIA shut down and see if it runs without CFW.

Attachments

• miniPasta.zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: Kurth

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxTools. I used it when I made my own Pokemon ROM. I made my own personal VC CIA if thats what you're asking...

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Idk ill try for you if you wanna link me one and give it a go in Sysnand? Or will they only work on my console because of the console ID. Try booting into Sysnand with mini pasta install the CIA shut down and see if it runs without CFW.
i can't like you one because it has to be legit for your own 3ds... :) (so you need to create it yourself form content you bought, make it with FunkyCIA)

if installed, it will run, but the problem is just installing, these cias would usually not install for stuff like gw. (maybe they do now, i don't know)

minipasta hmm, i'll have a look thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

rxTools. I used it when I made my own Pokemon ROM. I made my own personal VC CIA if thats what you're asking...
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't like you one because it has to be legit for your own 3ds... :) (so you need to create it yourself form content you bought, make it with FunkyCIA)

if installed, it will run, but the problem is just installing, these cias would usually not install for stuff like gw. (maybe they do now, i don't know)

minipasta hmm, i'll have a look thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean?
At first, I tried it with miniPasta and it worked. I switched to rxTools though. But yes, it worked with miniPasta

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
At first, I tried it with miniPasta and it worked. I switched to rxTools though. But yes, it worked with miniPasta
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean? yes or no? :)
and thanks :)
do i need a cia installer installed on sysnand to do this? it will be easy if i can just use fbi or something via 3dsx

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean? yes or no? :)
and thanks :)
do i need a cia installer installed on sysnand to do this? it will be easy if i can just use fbi or something via 3dsx
Yeah you can use FBI

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game you installed:
yes or no? :)
Yes. I made my own Pokemon ROM, though. I downloaded a randomizer and randomized it and turned it into a VC. Essentially, is not different from a regular VC CIA.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes. I made my own Pokemon ROM, though. I downloaded a randomizer and randomized it and turned it into a VC. Essentially, is not different from a regular VC CIA.
uhh lol ok then you completely misunderstand the my op and the whole point of the thread. i don't see how you can answer 'yes'... it is not legit, it will not work without hacks.
thanks for your time, but sorry, i'm asking about personal legit cias. very different to custom content (= pirated cia basically)
read my op to understand what i mean...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/

Last edited by cearp,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, sorry for trying to help you.
That was a bit rude. He was asking about legit CIAs, not custom CIAs. Legit CIAs can be installed and launched without a CFW, custom CIAs need a CFW to be installed and launched.

Reactions: cearp

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a bit rude. He was asking about legit CIAs, not custom CIAs. Legit CIAs can be installed and launched without a CFW, custom CIAs need a CFW to be installed and launched.
I'm sorry for not knowing? I didn't know this was an issue to you. How about we stay on the subject so that Cearp can get his thread answered, otherwise, this will become a shitfest I don't want to start. So, chill :D

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i have a friend who wants to install a personal legit cia on 4.5 sysnand.
i can use minipasta (booted via browserhax i think? it's a 3dsx right) - then go back into browserhax to load fbi via 3dsx also, and then install the cia?

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for not knowing? I didn't know this was an issue to you. How about we stay on the subject so that Cearp can get his thread answered, otherwise, this will become a shitfest I don't want to start. So, chill :D
I interpreted "sorry for trying to help you." negatively, like an insult or something, not as sorry for not knowing but I tried. Anyways, back on topic. I don't know the answer to cearp's problem.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a friend who wants to install a personal legit cia on 4.5 sysnand.
i can use minipasta (booted via browserhax i think? it's a 3dsx right) - then go back into browserhax to load fbi via 3dsx also, and then install the cia?
Correct but whether that CIA will run is a mystery.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Correct but whether that CIA will run is a mystery.
no no, it will run, 100% certain :)
I'm just worried about the install.

and to do this with n3ds, i use homemenuxhax, how can i do minipasta then go back and load fbi?
won't minipasta run then exit, triggering menuhax again? would the pasta still be cooking at this time or would the pasta be thrown away when menuhax does it stuff?
i usually only use gw so i'm new to free cfw lol
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways