Hacking [Question] What cfw lets us install *PERSONAL* legit CIA files?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
UPDATE - minipasta does not let me install personal legit cias. neither does gw...
Still looking for a method to do this :)

Hi I remember when I was testing legit cia file creation in FunkyCIA that the personal legit cia files - (cia files with a console id, not a blank console id like preinstalled legit cias) - that these files would only install via PBT cfw and NOT via GW...

is that still the case? what current cfw solutions let us install personal legit cias files?
i would like to hear from people who have tested, because they seem to be a little weird to other pirated/preinstalled legit cia files that seem to install easily. I believe personal legit cia files need more things patched in the fw, for whatever reason, even though it's legit.

I remember @capito27 told me about them working on PBT, so, any input about this now? :)
thanks all, good luck

Last edited by cearp,

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I remember when I was testing legit cia file creation in FunkyCIA that the personal legit cia files - (cia files with a console id, not a blank console id like preinstalled legit cias) - that these files would only install via PBT cfw and NOT via GW...

is that still the case? what current cfw solutions let us install personal legit cias files?
i would like to hear from people who have tested, because they seem to be a little weird to other pirated/preinstalled legit cia files that seem to install easily. I believe personal legit cia files need more things patched in the fw, for whatever reason, even though it's legit.

I remember @capito27 told me about them working on PBT, so, any input about this now? :)
thanks all, good luck
Idk ill try for you if you wanna link me one and give it a go in Sysnand? Or will they only work on my console because of the console ID. Try booting into Sysnand with mini pasta install the CIA shut down and see if it runs without CFW.

Attachments

• miniPasta.zip
    138.4 KB · Views: 235
Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: Kurth

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rxTools. I used it when I made my own Pokemon ROM. I made my own personal VC CIA if thats what you're asking...

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Idk ill try for you if you wanna link me one and give it a go in Sysnand? Or will they only work on my console because of the console ID. Try booting into Sysnand with mini pasta install the CIA shut down and see if it runs without CFW.
i can't like you one because it has to be legit for your own 3ds... :) (so you need to create it yourself form content you bought, make it with FunkyCIA)

if installed, it will run, but the problem is just installing, these cias would usually not install for stuff like gw. (maybe they do now, i don't know)

minipasta hmm, i'll have a look thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

rxTools. I used it when I made my own Pokemon ROM. I made my own personal VC CIA if thats what you're asking...
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean?

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't like you one because it has to be legit for your own 3ds... :) (so you need to create it yourself form content you bought, make it with FunkyCIA)

if installed, it will run, but the problem is just installing, these cias would usually not install for stuff like gw. (maybe they do now, i don't know)

minipasta hmm, i'll have a look thanks :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean?
At first, I tried it with miniPasta and it worked. I switched to rxTools though. But yes, it worked with miniPasta

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
At first, I tried it with miniPasta and it worked. I switched to rxTools though. But yes, it worked with miniPasta
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean? yes or no? :)
and thanks :)
do i need a cia installer installed on sysnand to do this? it will be easy if i can just use fbi or something via 3dsx

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personal legit and works without hacks? i think the only pokemon vc game is the pokemon card game, if that is what you mean? yes or no? :)
and thanks :)
do i need a cia installer installed on sysnand to do this? it will be easy if i can just use fbi or something via 3dsx
Yeah you can use FBI

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game you installed:
yes or no? :)
Yes. I made my own Pokemon ROM, though. I downloaded a randomizer and randomized it and turned it into a VC. Essentially, is not different from a regular VC CIA.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Yes. I made my own Pokemon ROM, though. I downloaded a randomizer and randomized it and turned it into a VC. Essentially, is not different from a regular VC CIA.
uhh lol ok then you completely misunderstand the my op and the whole point of the thread. i don't see how you can answer 'yes'... it is not legit, it will not work without hacks.
thanks for your time, but sorry, i'm asking about personal legit cias. very different to custom content (= pirated cia basically)
read my op to understand what i mean...

http://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/

Last edited by cearp,

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, sorry for trying to help you.
That was a bit rude. He was asking about legit CIAs, not custom CIAs. Legit CIAs can be installed and launched without a CFW, custom CIAs need a CFW to be installed and launched.

Reactions: cearp

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was a bit rude. He was asking about legit CIAs, not custom CIAs. Legit CIAs can be installed and launched without a CFW, custom CIAs need a CFW to be installed and launched.
I'm sorry for not knowing? I didn't know this was an issue to you. How about we stay on the subject so that Cearp can get his thread answered, otherwise, this will become a shitfest I don't want to start. So, chill :D

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i have a friend who wants to install a personal legit cia on 4.5 sysnand.
i can use minipasta (booted via browserhax i think? it's a 3dsx right) - then go back into browserhax to load fbi via 3dsx also, and then install the cia?

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for not knowing? I didn't know this was an issue to you. How about we stay on the subject so that Cearp can get his thread answered, otherwise, this will become a shitfest I don't want to start. So, chill :D
I interpreted "sorry for trying to help you." negatively, like an insult or something, not as sorry for not knowing but I tried. Anyways, back on topic. I don't know the answer to cearp's problem.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a friend who wants to install a personal legit cia on 4.5 sysnand.
i can use minipasta (booted via browserhax i think? it's a 3dsx right) - then go back into browserhax to load fbi via 3dsx also, and then install the cia?
Correct but whether that CIA will run is a mystery.

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Correct but whether that CIA will run is a mystery.
no no, it will run, 100% certain :)
I'm just worried about the install.

and to do this with n3ds, i use homemenuxhax, how can i do minipasta then go back and load fbi?
won't minipasta run then exit, triggering menuhax again? would the pasta still be cooking at this time or would the pasta be thrown away when menuhax does it stuff?
i usually only use gw so i'm new to free cfw lol
thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i like totinos party pizzas. lol.
    the cracker-like crust is great on those
    My neighbor and I are going to make this next month....
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Tiger crust is great.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm beefing with a neighbor currently each time I ask him for help with something he makes bs excuses then ignores my calls text but seems to randomly speak when I'm done with the project after doing things to help him
    DiGiorno Crispy Pan Pizza tasted pretty dang close to Pizza hut pan pizza, but Im not sure if theyve been discontinued or not. Havent seen them locally for a couple of months now.
    The croissant crust is still available though, but not quite as good imo.
    @SylverReZ Never heard of tiger crust. What is it?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, Its known as tiger bread, also known as dutch crust.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    It's fuggin gooooood
    +1
    I mean. Whats different about it?
    Never even seen a tiger crust pizza in any stores around here. Walmart, Cub, or otherwise.
    Must be a regional thing.
    Gonna smoke this bowl then go get kitties ashes. <3
    Last thing I told her is how much I love her, and that Im not leaving her there forever and I promise to come back and take her back home with me.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    halllo
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: hello