• Start date
  • Views 3,822
  • Replies 6

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've just worked it out last night because I wanted to play some Wiiware on my vWii. I've have used Wiiflow which has a built in emuNAND that works on vWii... and now everything is working fine using the method bellow.

1 ) I recommend downloading WiiFlow Mastermod, it's got everything you'll ever need and all the plugins etc... including showMiiWads and also a little software called cover to rom, which is a massive time saver to add covers to you rom titles etc.. (since wilflow fail to download those one properly...)

2) @asper also posted these instruction to install titles on your emuNAND that works on vWii... I've done those steps but from my hdd instead of the SD... also worth mentioning that the NAND was extracted to \wiiflow\emunand and not \wiiflow\nandump\ , at least in my case...

----->
You can use Wiiwares and VC games using a dump of your vWii nand and the loader Wiiflow (using Wiiflow click A on the little multi-squaredlittle-icon in the lower right corner, then click B on the old-controller icon (NES?) in the lower right and select Extract Nand: dump will be made in few minutes and placed in SD :\wiiflow\nandump\).

Now, on PC side, open the software called ShowMiiWads and do the following:
"Options" -> "Change NAND backup path" -> enter the nand backup folder (in the example above it is SD :\wiiflow\nandemu) -> "View" -> "ShowMiiNand" and you will see NAND contents;
Now go to "File" -> "Open Folder" -> Select your WADs dir and wait for loading -> "View" -> "ShowMiiWads" -> select your WADs -> right-click -> "Extract" -> "to NAND" and wait for the process to end.

Now put the SD card in Wii U, launch vWii and then Wiiflow from HBC; select the multi-squared-little-icon (that represents nand installed titles) and you will be able to see and play your Wiiwares and VC titles (compatibility is very large in Wiiflow but not all games play) - covers are also available !

You can also use another Wii or vWii nand backup but there are problems exiting Wiiwares and VC titles (often crash)

And also, to avoid problems using Wiimotes (that are syncronized with your real vWii) you need to correct the wiiflow.ini file in SD :\apps\wiiflow to set this option real_nand_config=yes
-------------

For running seek on vWii, you need to compile a new version of it.

Here are the instruction: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/8119-Compiling-a-vWii-compatible-version-of-SNEEK

I have not done that... and apparently you need to follow the instruction to the T otherwise you'll run into trouble.

Hope this helps...

Last edited by Wiiunator,

shadoom

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
I've just worked it out last night because I wanted to play some Wiiware on my vWii. I've have used Wiiflow which has a built in emuNAND that works on vWii... and now everything is working fine using the method bellow.

1 ) I recommend downloading WiiFlow Mastermod, it's got everything you'll ever need and all the plugins etc... including showMiiWads and also a little software called cover to rom, which is a massive time saver to add covers to you rom titles etc.. (since wilflow fail to download those one properly...)

2) @asper also posted these instruction to install titles on your emuNAND that works on vWii... I've done those steps but from my hdd instead of the SD... also worth mentioning that the NAND was extracted to \wiiflow\emunand and not \wiiflow\nandump\ , at least in my case...

----->
You can use Wiiwares and VC games using a dump of your vWii nand and the loader Wiiflow (using Wiiflow click A on the little multi-squaredlittle-icon in the lower right corner, then click B on the old-controller icon (NES?) in the lower right and select Extract Nand: dump will be made in few minutes and placed in SD :\wiiflow\nandump\).

Now, on PC side, open the software called ShowMiiWads and do the following:
"Options" -> "Change NAND backup path" -> enter the nand backup folder (in the example above it is SD :\wiiflow\nandemu) -> "View" -> "ShowMiiNand" and you will see NAND contents;
Now go to "File" -> "Open Folder" -> Select your WADs dir and wait for loading -> "View" -> "ShowMiiWads" -> select your WADs -> right-click -> "Extract" -> "to NAND" and wait for the process to end.

Now put the SD card in Wii U, launch vWii and then Wiiflow from HBC; select the multi-squared-little-icon (that represents nand installed titles) and you will be able to see and play your Wiiwares and VC titles (compatibility is very large in Wiiflow but not all games play) - covers are also available !

You can also use another Wii or vWii nand backup but there are problems exiting Wiiwares and VC titles (often crash)

And also, to avoid problems using Wiimotes (that are syncronized with your real vWii) you need to correct the wiiflow.ini file in SD :\apps\wiiflow to set this option real_nand_config=yes
-------------

For running seek on vWii, you need to compile a new version of it.

Here are the instruction: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/8119-Compiling-a-vWii-compatible-version-of-SNEEK

I have not done that... and apparently you need to follow the instruction to the T otherwise you'll run into trouble.

Hope this helps...

The WiiFlow Emunand doesn't run games like Castlevania Rebirth though right?
I've tried Sneek and Uneek-beta both on my vwii but they both have a lot of issues even if you follow it on the T and they dont seem to be developed anymore :(

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried Sneek and Uneek-beta both on my vwii but they both have a lot of issues even if you follow it on the T and they dont seem to be developed anymore :(

USBLoader GX is still supported by Cyan here on the forums. I haven't tried Rebirth in it, but I have not had any issues with the other VC titles I've installed to my emuNAND in LoaderGX. A lot of the WiiFlow stuff is not supported by dev's anymore from my understanding.

Wiiunator

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Correct Castlevania is not working... 90% of the other games work fine though. There is a "Neek2o Uneek - NK2O v4.2 vWii" wad in the "WiiFlow_v4.2.3_Nintendont_MasterMod" Pack, but I didn't go through the process of installing it as I was reading that a lot of people had issues with getting it to work.. if anyone knows how to make it work... let us know! I was reading somewhere that i doesn't work with emuNAND in USB loader GX either... be good to be sure though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol