[Question] Using Streetpass Mii Plaza, homebrew app shows as "Last Played"

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by LeSpaz, Mar 11, 2016.

1. LeSpaz
    OP

LeSpaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Click for image

Hello, not sure if this is the right forum for this question.
    But anyways, so I just got to finishing to creating an emuNAND for my brother's O3DS XL.

I then went to use my 3ds to use streetpass mii plaza (since i play this regularly).

When i went to street pass him i noticed and received the notification that the last game used was the cia Installer
    "FBI".**

My question is can this pose a problem in the future if we are street passing others?
    Say by the off chance it picks up someone's 3ds (say a nintendo employee) or even picked up by a nintendozone or whatever.

Can our NNID/consoles be banned or reported even, etc?

I just find it funny how it'd be plausible to create a nsfw icon and anyone who would streetpass it would be able to see it (aka on their mii plaza forever).

**also noting how this isn't a legitmate piece of software a regular 3ds shouldn't have to begin with haha

Last edited by LeSpaz, Mar 11, 2016

2. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    I believe the only people that will see it are any other people using emuNAND, much like if your favourite title on the friends list is a homebrew app only people with emuNAND will see it

3. SMVB64

SMVB64 Now your playing with power! Super power!

Feb 13, 2013
    Canada
    I have heard that too, but my friend who's 3DS is on stock firmware was able to see my street pass as yellow 8 homebrew launcher lol. I think this should be looked into more.

4. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    This is false; my sister has an O3DS completely unhacked, and sees my street passes from emulators and such. Plus, my favorite title in the friend list is PocketSNES, which she can see.

Azel likes this.
  5. Baccabechoppin

Baccabechoppin GBAtemp's Finest Bacca!

Aug 10, 2015
    Australia
    Magnolia Town
    Huh, interesting, learn something new everyday I guess.

6. Naked_Snake

Naked_Snake Constant Miscreant

Oct 6, 2013
    Hyrule Field
    I have an extremely NSFW icon

Raylight likes this.
  7. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    In your friend list, you can set some homebrews for you favorite title, I use PlayCoinSetter x) (The Official, from SDK)

8. RednaxelaNnamtra

RednaxelaNnamtra GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 8, 2011
    Germany
    the game information will be exchanged together with the street pass data and stored in a local database, that's why people are able to see is on unhacked consoles. Also people will be able to see the applications informations in the friendslist(for example as current running or favorite game), after they got it over streetpass.

9. Raylight

Raylight Paranoid Temper

May 10, 2014
    United States
    Who wants to know?
    lol this is weird one day you get a notification "We see what your doing and your b,b,banned yours truly Nintendo we know who you are, we know where you live, WE KNOW WHAT YOU PLAY"

Hoppy likes this.
  10. sniper_x002

sniper_x002 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2016
    That's what I use, since I can't seem to find any other in CIA form. I think it was you who dumped it (if I'm correct - if so, thanks!)

Last edited by sniper_x002, Mar 11, 2016
  11. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd (⌐◥▶◀◤) Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    @Asia81 probably didn't dump it. PlayCoinSetter was leaked from the official SDK, and as such any copies floating around are not dumped but simply reuploads of the same copy.

sniper_x002 likes this.
  12. LeSpaz
    OP

LeSpaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Well that's cool and all that we can confirm seeing homebrew via Spotpass and whatnot.

Soooo, my question up above:
    can we get banned in any manner?

Or is this something that shouldn't be too worried about in the longrun?

13. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    Meh. My secondary and tertiary 3DSes have both have Mii's with gold pants and homebrew/SDK apps as recently played.

It's funny that someone (not necessarily you) is concerned about something as inconsequential as this. Yet they are quite happy to talk publicly and nonchalantly about their pirating of Nintendo software, often using the same username for both here and their NNID.

Point being, to our knowledge nobody has been banned for openly talking about pirating games. I'd consider having a homebrew app as your recently played near the bottom of the banable offences list.

14. LeSpaz
    OP

LeSpaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Sounds reasonable. I don't even know why i was even concerned in the first place tbh. But it would suck to find out one day if our online services were shut down because of this 'Recently Played' reason (which would probably be extremly to almost impossible to happen i guess).

Guess it's time to make a bunch of nsfw icons for the (streetpass) world to see for shitsngiggles.
    (ง ˘ω˘ )ว

15. 00technocolor00

00technocolor00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    oooh this explains that twilight princess 3ds 'leak' from a awhile back. I was just thinking it was fancy video editing.
    Welp time to make a stoner app for the 3ds and change my favorite color to green

16. LeSpaz
    OP

LeSpaz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    if i recall, wasn't that also the time when people kept reporting their 3ds crashing after attempting to open street pass mii plaza?
    can't the same principle follow on other people street passes if they were to receive a software that can't be recognized?

17. 00technocolor00

00technocolor00 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2015
    United States
    Plazahax confirmed
    street pass someone with homebrew software to crash into homebrew launcher
    It'll be less convenient then smashhax for some while for others be to convenient. Its genius

18. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    Yes, homebrew titles will show up on non-modified 3DS consoles through StreetPass, but no you are unlikely to get banned. NNID and other console-specific information isn't exchanged over StreetPass due to privacy, I think. So even if a Nintendo staff StreetPassed you, they wouldn't have any means of identifying your account.

That's how I've been sending this icon to people over StreetPass:

Last edited by NekoMichi, Mar 13, 2016
    Hoppy likes this.
  19. NicKFree

NicKFree Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2016
    Cuba
    I've been streetpassing titles like Assassin's Creed 3DS, Battlefield, Twilight Princess 3D.

Last edited by NicKFree, Mar 13, 2016
    NekoMichi and 00technocolor00 like this.
  20. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    So ... I could streetpass people in the subway with an icon showing my ass named "Lick my Brown star" ?

Pip'

LeSpaz likes this.