Hacking [Question] Updated EmuNand or eShop-Spoofing, what is better?

nedron92

OP
Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Like the title says, I want to hear your opinion about that.

I have a O3DS (9.0 sysNAND, 10.3 emuNAND), with updated eshop, nver, eshop-mint, friends module and O3DS-NFC Module to play online (without any problems with my Pokè OR and Zelda - Trifoce Heroes,..) and to access the eShop (also no problems, all works perfectly). But it is better to update the hole firmware on emuNAND instead to have a franken-firmware? (but I only want to play online and access the eshop, so I don't need the other shit^^). Also there is a a reason, I don't update the hole firmware, because I want hold menuhax as an alternative entrypoint for homebrew (yes on emuNAND, I had the problem that not every homebrew runs with every entrypoint and menuhax has the best success-rate for me, more then Cubic Ninja or HBL-Loader).

Last edited by nedron92,

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second that, idk why people wouldnt update unless for some reason a new update makes our emunands stop working. Other than that, updating your emunand is the best option.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updating EmuNAND. Basically it's usually just an "update once" thing and you're good to go. No real need to worry about workarounds which can be a slight pain. The only risk is that you can accidentally update SysNAND, but this is really unlikely to happen provided that you use Menuhax and CtrBootManager to enter EmuNAND pretty much instantly and go to the update option in System Settings.

JFizDaWiz

Trophies
Website
www.geocities.ws
XP
Country
United States
Updating EmuNAND. Basically it's usually just an "update once" thing and you're good to go. No real need to worry about workarounds which can be a slight pain. The only risk is that you can accidentally update SysNAND, but this is really unlikely to happen provided that you use Menuhax and CtrBootManager to enter EmuNAND pretty much instantly and go to the update option in System Settings.

that and I hope everyone's sysNAND has 7 folders labeled s y s n a n d on their sysnand homescreen just to make sure.

nedron92

OP
Trophies
Website
www.github.com
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, thanks for the answers. Maybe I will update if sometime 10.8 will coming out xD - Hopefully I will found a way to get a better success rate for homebrew, then I have no need for menuhax on emuNAND.
I have unlinked NANDs, different themes and coldboot to emunand -> so I know exactly if I on emu/sysNAND :D (and only updating/checking via system-setting).

Thanks for the answers :) - Next nin-update: Backup emuNAND, updating, proof if all is okay^^.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf