Hacking QUESTION: Transferring saves from 5.50 PS4 to 5.05 PS4

safailla

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 PS4s, one with 5.50 FW and the other with 5.05 FW. I am looking to fully update the 5.50 PS4 and sell it, however i would like to transfer all of my save data from the 5.50 console to the 5.05 one as i have a number of games fully completed. Is it possible to transfer all of my saves, and potentially any downloaded games? If so, how. If not, why?

Thanks in advance for your help and support!

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Transfering the downloaded games from the 5.50 to the 5.05 is a definate no.
Transfering some of the saves might be possible in theory but it is an extreme long shot.

If you had the same activated profile on both the 5.50 and the 5.05 you could transfer the games by usb but only for the 5.50 games that have and update that is available for 5.05. Also the fake pkg games on the 5.05 would need to have the original keystone injected for the saves to work.

It is a good idea to backup all your saves from the 5.50 to USB anyway, just in case a method to decrypt saves appears in the future.

It may be possible to transfer the saves using Save Wizard but that is expensive.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup save wizard is the only way "IF" both ps4's have a linked psn account which is required to register your ID to use save wizard.
Im in the same boat as you since only my 5.50 ps4 has a psn account, but the 5.05 ps4 does not.

Reactions: Leeful

n00b2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
What about if you have 5.0.5 save files which you copied on USB stick and then initilised PS4 and then want to transfer save files back to PS4 without update? Is that possible? Does game has to match game save file? Thanks

Last edited by n00b2015,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What about if you have 5.0.5 save files which you copied on USB stick and then initilised PS4 and then want to transfer save files back to PS4 without update? Is that possible? Does game has to match game save file? Thanks
You would also have to use the official PS4 backup app to transfer your profile.
If not there is no way to get the profile back which the saves are signed to.

The PS4 saves are linked (signed) to your unique profile ID. (NOT USERNAME) the profile ID is assigned by the PS4 and you cannot change it.

eg. Your username on your PS4 is 'JoeBloggs' and you copy your saves to USB.
Then you Initialise your PS4 and create a new user named 'JoeBloggs' again.
The saves on the USB would not work with this new 'JoeBloggs' profile because the internal profile ID would be different from the original one.

The only way to make the saves work is to backup your profile with the official app then restore it again after you initialise.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)