MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
*** The result is in #8. ***

I tried it once.
All current data (DL-games/3DSwares, Saves, FC, MiiPlaza data) were unable to be recognized, even I used the "Folder Renaming"(*) method to fix it.
So I had to re-download everything after System Transfer.

But my case is a little bit special.

1)
I created several emuNANDs on that machine.
The selected emuNAND for System Transferring is not the latest one.

2)
I did the System Transfer in GW mode (Red shoes) but not in Classic mode.

So I wanna ask:
Is there anybody who kept his/her all data safe after System Transferred a latest emuNAND -> SysNAND in either GW mode or Classic mode?

(*) Folder Renaming method:
After the System Transfer, if your target console cannot recognize your source SD files, then rename /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/oldSD-ID2/ to /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/newSD-ID2/.
(Or simply move "dbs, extdata, title....." folders from /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/oldSD-ID2/ to /Nintendo 3DS/ID1/newSD-ID2/)

Reactions: Margen67

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
does doing system transfer in gw mode/classic mode make a difference?

i mean, i can't see why it wouldn't work/why there would be a problem... as long as the emunand is up to date, it should not matter if it is emunand or sysnand etc.
good luck, sorry i can't help that much...

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
does doing system transfer in gw mode/classic mode make a difference?

i mean, i can't see why it wouldn't work/why there would be a problem... as long as the emunand is up to date, it should not matter if it is emunand or sysnand etc.
good luck, sorry i can't help that much...
The GW mode's encryption might be incompatible with SysNAND. I doubted whether the problem was caused by this or not. So I need evidance.
Thanks your response anyway :)

Liberty

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I can't help you, but your post makes me question all the replies I have gotten before. People told me keeping your eShop-stuff wouldn't be a problem at all, I just had to clone SysNAND to EmuNAND, format SysNAND (to unlink it), login to eShop on sysNAND and that's it. But obviously that's not the the case like you proved.

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
People told me keeping your eShop-stuff wouldn't be a problem at all, I just had to clone SysNAND to EmuNAND, format SysNAND (to unlink it), login to eShop on sysNAND and that's it. But obviously that's not the the case like you proved.
No, it's not the case I'm asking.
Unlinking SysNAND to emuNAND by formatting SysNAND after created emuNAND, is just a purpose to avoid 3DSware auto-deletion in seeing SysNAND's Data Management.
Thank you anyway :)

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just System Transferred back the emuNAND to a SysNAND today.
This time I work them in
1) emuNAND Classic mode, and
2) no new-created emuNAND SD cards other than the one I just used for ST.
All saves are safe now.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clarify. Any and all games/saves should work in both sysNand and emuNand (same ticket) unless you unlink them. For 6.0+ saves (eShop games, and newer retail games), if you play using GW Mode, your saves might be screwy (being 4.X, for example), which might cause problems.

Otherwise transferring games/content should be a simple matter of copy+paste.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended