Hacking [Question] Switching to A9LH (O3DS/N3DS)

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should i risk installing them to the sysNAND im going to clone to emuNAND or just the emuNAND when i'm ready to downgrade to 2.1?
The safe way would be to install them to your emunand. The way this works is your sysnand and emunand will be exactly the same as they were before you started with the exception of A9LH.

After you get your OTP you will restore your current sysnand (assuming you are on 9.2 now) and your current emunand. Then you will install A9LH and I recommend AuReiNand. Everything will work exactly as it did before but you will boot directly into emunand.

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The safe way would be to install them to your emunand. The way this works is your sysnand and emunand will be exactly the same as they were before you started with the exception of A9LH.

After you get your OTP you will restore your current sysnand (assuming you are on 9.2 now) and your current emunand. Then you will install A9LH and I recommend AuReiNand. Everything will work exactly as it did before but you will boot directly into emunand.

I was thinking it was safer. I just know that in the process of getting the OTP.bin the emuNAND is downgraded to 2.1 and then moved over to the sysNAND portion as the emuNAND is bricked. I was just wondering if an altered TWL_FIRM lurking in the sysNAND at this point could be of issue (but i recall that in this step you do specifically overwrite the TWL etc FIRMS).

jonnytron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok i've just cleaned my system to a 9.2 sysNAND and checked it to ensure it was a full downgrade back when i did it (ages ago). Can someone check this output from it and let me know what it means. Thanks.

hmm. file didnt come up. does anyone know the output i should get then instead.

Last edited by jonnytron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!