Hacking [Question] Someone reported me Devmenu / BigBlueMenu don't work with 128GB SD card in FAT32

MelonGx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Same as the topic.
He said that it caused glitches when opening these two apps. But 64GB SD cards are fine.
I don't know why.

Silver-Tiger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you are talking about a normal-sized SD card (not MicroSD), you could get it running, however you would need extra software to format the SD card to FAT32. Windows only supports formatting up to 32GB SD cards in FAT32.

Why would you even need that much space?! Even if you install all your games as CIAs, 32GB should be more than enough. I have 15 games installed on my 32gig one and I still got over 12gigs left.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you are talking about a normal-sized SD card (not MicroSD), you could get it running, however you would need extra software to format the SD card to FAT32. Windows only supports formatting up to 32GB SD cards in FAT32.

Why would you even need that much space?! Even if you install all your games as CIAs, 32GB should be more than enough. I have 15 games installed on my 32gig one and I still got over 12gigs left.
I've installed all main games (Layton/Zelda/Mario/Pokemon) and i have around 10GB left.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tiger Direct has a PNY 256GB SD FOR $19.99 today with coupon and rebates. Think of how many cia you could cram on that thing. :)

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was the one. It was a real 128GB sd card. I did everything perfectly and booted into Emunand with 128 gb and "initially" i could get into DevMenu(there were no .cia files in my sd card.

But when I put the SD card back in my computer and loaded some .cia files i could no longer get into DevMenu

There was a post taht said in order for it to work you have to use a partition tool and resize the card to 90GB and it will work.

Im no longer going to test a 128 gb, no matter the brand.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I was the one. It was a real 128GB sd card. I did everything perfectly and booted into Emunand with 128 gb and "initially" i could get into DevMenu(there were no .cia files in my sd card.

But when I put the SD card back in my computer and loaded some .cia files i could no longer get into DevMenu

There was a post taht said in order for it to work you have to use a partition tool and resize the card to 90GB and it will work.

Im no longer going to test a 128 gb, no matter the brand.
at that point you should just chuck it in the bin

Reactions: Ralph1611

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Can't. Ipad won't let me paste URLs for some fucked up reason. Go to their site and search on the item number below. It is with a mcafee and snap one rebate deal and requires credit card activation. With those things you have to install the software and activate with a CC it will charge you at renewal date. You just have to cancel right before. Just set a reminder in your calendar. I bought a $10 7" android tablet last year with one of these things through them.

Item#: KNY-102387952S | Model#: P-SDX256U1H-GE Bundle

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hmm, interesting
Uc0QQ06.png

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone into tech shit should be on newegg and tiger's mailing list. They have some cheap stuff sometimes.

If you don't fill out the rebate stuff though you get screwed.

Since dev menu/BBM have issues with large cards I wonder if you could do the install on a smaller card and then inject the emunand into your big card one on the computer and copy over the folders. As long as the 3ds can read a 128 or 256 SD it should work.

Reactions: MelonGx

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey