Hacking [Question] Softmodding a Gamecube, using a Wii?

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi,
is it possible to softmod a Gamecube (running backups, homebrew etc) using
a Wii? The way I'm thinking it would work is by putting your GC Memory Card into the wii, using the Wii to trasnfer the exploit over to your MemCard and then running it on your Gamecube.

You're probably gonna ask; Why don't you just use DIOS-MIOS on your Wii?
Or why don't you just buy a Datel SD Loader?
Well, the Wii isn't really mine, so I can't have it upstairs, and I can't find a Datel SD Loader on any site near my country online.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not an expert with hardware. But I'm pretty sure the exploit would corrupt the GameCube, or glitch it out.

It is a smart idea, but hardware wise the GameCube has Diffrent required files compared to a Wii to run a game, or exploit. It wouldn't really work out.

HOWEVER You may be able to hardmod your GameCube to give it that capabillity, but it would be more time consuming, and more costly.

If you really want to hack a Wii then you could sell your GameCube. Most places would buy it for $30 - $50 USD. After that work your way up money wise to buy a Wii.

The Wii has way more features than a GameCube, and a lot more advantages hardware wise.

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. yeah I might just be buying a new wii. I won't sell my gamecube for nostalgic purposes though.

That's fine.
I would highly recommend buying a pre owned Wii from GameStop, (White Wii Model.) That is backwards compatible with GameCube Games. It will help you in the long run for emulating consoles.

They are also cheaper than the newer products as well. (Black Wii, and Wii Mini.)

DutchyDutch

COPYRIGHT LOLOLOLOL
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that is a much better idea. What I posted is kind of pointless as memory cards can hold almost nothing and you cant really use it without having one of those gc memory cards with an sd slot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night