Hacking [Question]: So i can install games on a USB on a PS-TV?

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a brand new PS-TV, and its henkaku compatible, and i wanted to know before messing with it a few things:

I heard now its possible to install games on a USB flash drive?
Retroarch supports several players at time, right?
Any recomendations?

Thanks! ;D

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the most recent version of vita shell allows for USB game storage. Its a little wonky though. It works like this, if you have a usb plugged into your PS-TV, you have to go into vita shell and mount the USB drive. Then it will act like a ux0. However, while its mounted, you can't play games off your memory card. you will have to unmount to the flash drive to get it back to normal.

Also, get the whitelist hack.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, the most recent version of vita shell allows for USB game storage. Its a little wonky though. It works like this, if you have a usb plugged into your PS-TV, you have to go into vita shell and mount the USB drive. Then it will act like a ux0. However, while its mounted, you can't play games off your memory card. you will have to unmount to the flash drive to get it back to normal.

Also, get the whitelist hack.
I wont have a memory card, only a USB flash drive. soo.. can i install games TO the usb?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wont have a memory card, only a USB flash drive. soo.. can i install games TO the usb?
Yep!. The PS-TV has an internal memory card which is what you can install all of your homebrew apps (Molecule, Vita Shell, ect.) to while the USB drive can have all the games. There is a great tutorial from skullator (A YouTuber who does Vita hacking tutorials) that i will link you. Follow that and you shouldn't have any trouble.

Reactions: Ta0ru

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Ta0ru

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank both of you guys!

I did know about the whitehack, and Vita Shell among other stuff, however, i was wondering if that PSTV supported games INSTALLED ON THE USB,

And now i have my answer, thank you guys! ;D

Yes you can I don't see why as long it has a good dump of it that's not in VPK format

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
that's not in VPK format
VPKs work rather well on USB (just unzip them to any empty folder of choice, mount the drive as ux0, in vitashell press triangle while outside of that folder, there's a "move and install" option comparable to Mai) :)

w000t dramatical murder

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse