Homebrew [Question] Snes-Titel only New3DS and not Old3ds ?

• Thread starter LuksaXD
  • Start date
  • Views 981
  • Replies 5
L

LuksaXD

OP
I read that Nintendo will release Snes-Titel on the New3ds.They explain that can't emulated on the old3ds because they will play the Snes-Titel in high quality or what else.So,that now they have not enough Power to emulated at old3ds.Can everybody explain me this?

P.s.
Sry,i know that my Englisch is bad.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The n3ds does not have enough power simply put it. Some snes eshop games were modified to run on an old 3ds, and they ran extremely slow. The reason homebrew emulators run well is because they take many shortcuts, and they have low compatibility. You should use blargsnes.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I read that Nintendo will release Snes-Titel on the New3ds.They explain that can't emulated on the old3ds because they will play the Snes-Titel in high quality or what else.So,that now they have not enough Power to emulated at old3ds.Can everybody explain me this?

P.s.
Sry,i know that my Englisch is bad.

Emulation of the SNES (including all of its other chips) is just too much for the o3DS to handle with accuracy and putting a price tag on them. Emulators like blargSNES, which can run at 60fps on an o3DS, make a lot of shortcuts to compensate, but at the same time, are not accurate. Just rendering is inaccurate because in order to reach that 60fps, it uses the GPU, which has no 2D support, but must make everything with polygons and textures. The 3DS's texture capabilities lack that which would accurately represent what an SNES would display.

If Nintendo's SNES VC could run on an o3DS with accuracy, then they would have done it long ago due to the amount of money they'd make on it.

Reactions: koim

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how was this possible? who did this? could it be done with the binding of isaac as well? (I don't care about the speed)
i was just trying to explain it in simpler terms. They and me tried running the snes games underclocked with the ntr cfw. It runs like garbage. Same can b said for B.O.I.R

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)