Question should i update so i can play mario maker or hack my old dusty wii u

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by faser2033, Nov 4, 2015.

1. faser2033
    OP

faser2033 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    Hey everyone,

I have an old wii u i havent turned on for about a year and im up for hacking however the only game that remotely intetests me is mario maker.

In your opinion should i wait for the game to be compatible and if so what do you think the chances are of it working fully online with custom made levels because thats the point of the game right (not likely im guessing)

2. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    If you hack the wii u, and spoof it, you won't be able to pirate Mario Maker for now, but if you buy MM legitimately then you'll still be able to play it, including online, while using the hack for other games & stuff.

3. faser2033
    OP

faser2033 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2015
    I assumed that the mario maker disc would take me over the update 5.3.2.

Are you saying i can pay it and still have loadline installed?

4. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yeah, you first have to get your wii u to 5.3.2 firmware, using a suitable legit game disc (there's a thread for finding one with the right version), then you have to use wupinstaller to spoof your firmware to say it's 5.5.0 while it really stays at 5.3.2. Then you can run Mario Maker from the legit disc.
    Before connecting the console to the internet you have to block the update servers, using the tubehax dns seems like the most straightforward way to do that atm.
    Look for the guide threads for more info on how to do all that.

5. Cyberevan

Cyberevan Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2014
    Manila, Philippines
    is the spoof reversible?

6. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tuvalu
    No.