Hacking [Question] Should I reinstall A9LH with new safea9lhinstaller 2.0?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on a screen-init or no-screen init fork of A9LH? Their really is no benefit to updating or reinstalling.

I have however flashed between forks and have done it just fine. Though I have decided to leave one of my o3DS systems on the no-screen init fork, just because I am to lazy to flashback a screen-init fork, and BootCTR9 already applies the screen-init patches for my payloads that need it. So meh.

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you on a screen-init or no-screen init fork of A9LH? Their really is no benefit to updating or reinstalling.

I have however flashed between forks and have done it just fine. Though I have decided to leave one of my o3DS systems on the no-screen init fork, just because I am to lazy to flashback a screen-init fork, and BootCTR9 already applies the screen-init patches for my payloads that need it. So meh.
I have no idea how to tell if i'm on a screen int or non screen int, I used the version from a few weeks back

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to tell if i'm on a screen int or non screen int, I used the version from a few weeks back
Then you have a screen-init fork.

I am assuming you want to install the latest version A9LH of Aurora's Wright, which is now in the guide, correct?

Just make sure to follow all the warnings when installing the updated version.

SafeA9LHInstaller should have been updated for use with the updated A9LH.
Link: https://github.com/AuroraWright/SafeA9LHInstaller/releases

Again, it's your responsibility to make sure you update A9LH correctly.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any thing to be gained by updating?
To be honest, I don't really know, haven't gone over the changes that have been made. But basically from what I have read, it can now be installed directly from 2.1, you also have an easier time uninstalling A9LH if you are not on 11.0, and other stuff. You could always just go through the source code and figure out all the changes on your own and decide if it's worth updating. Just make sure you install it correctly.

Timburpton

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I read the changelog and it seems that some new features (i.e. uninstalling a9lh) and more space for payloads?

Worse part is, I just installed a9lh 2 days ago.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As of right now hold off, it seems like there are problems with d0k3's payloads with the new branch of a9lh.

The main advantage of upgrading is future compatibility.
It's a good thing I am lazy. :D Otherwise I might have tried updating. :P

But good to know. :)

I followed Plailect's guide to install A9LH about 3 weeks ago. Should I go back to the Part 4 of the guide and follow Section II - Installing arm9loaderhax? I could not find any specific instructions to update A9LH.
Hold off on it for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)