[Question] Selling via Trading Area - What's Allowed

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heyo,

I have modded consoles and handhelds i sell on ebay and in person.

Im wondering (and assuming) if ebay links/listings are allowed

I read the list of things not allowed in the trading area, but i do also know that self adverts are a no go, but i want to be absolutely sure before i break any rules.

Side note: not posted in that section to not add clutter.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they are allowed after you offer them on GBATemp and then no one buys it. Say "No one bought it, so I put it on ebay: ebay.com/itm/xxxxxxxxxxx/"

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Heyo,

I have modded consoles and handhelds i sell on ebay and in person.

Im wondering (and assuming) if ebay links/listings are allowed

I read the list of things not allowed in the trading area, but i do also know that self adverts are a no go, but i want to be absolutely sure before i break any rules.

Side note: not posted in that section to not add clutter.
Oooh! What kind of console mods do you do? Just modchips? Also, how do you list them on eBay without getting in trouble? I listed a modded PSP and didn't even mention the fact that it was modded and it got flagged.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Modded consoles themselves are fine. Naturally no copied games can go with them and heavily implying you get them is also bad form and likely to get you slapped.

Professional selling is discouraged, the line between dude that mods the odd console and sells it and professional can be very blurry though. You seem to be posting here rather than realising you also had a GBAtemp account and enough posts to access the section so that is in your favour.

We have had people say here is my ebay feedback if they are not such regular posters before. Similarly if you want to have ebay's cut rather than gbatemp's I guess you could do that.

Guess we will have to wait for one of the supervisors/admins.

Xuman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Modded consoles themselves are fine. Naturally no copied games can go with them and heavily implying you get them is also bad form and likely to get you slapped.

Professional selling is discouraged, the line between dude that mods the odd console and sells it and professional can be very blurry though. You seem to be posting here rather than realising you also had a GBAtemp account and enough posts to access the section so that is in your favour.

We have had people say here is my ebay feedback if they are not such regular posters before. Similarly if you want to have ebay's cut rather than gbatemp's I guess you could do that.

Guess we will have to wait for one of the supervisors/admins.

Naturally i dont include any warez or anything because slaps would really hurt (also because thats not good).

I guess for me its just that ive never sold/bought through gbatemp and my ebay listing is super easy for me.

BUT

Im with you on the whole professional vs some dude with a thing to sell, and id rather not turn that section into one huge advert for myself. So i think that for the sake of not being that guy i wont take the professional stuff into that section.

Thanks!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oooh! What kind of console mods do you do? Just modchips? Also, how do you list them on eBay without getting in trouble? I listed a modded PSP and didn't even mention the fact that it was modded and it got flagged.

Read my sig and i dont do chips but i do downgrade ps3s via e3 and upgrade og xbox hard drivrs. thatd be the only hardware tinkering

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr