Homebrew [Question] Reverse Enginering?

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So it´s pretty easy to derypt, extract and rebuild CIA´s , but is there a way to also extract .3dsx and especially .bin files?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't think so...? Why would you even need to do this? Source is available for all (that I can think of) 3dsx apps.
Based on "especially .bin files" my guess is OP wants to try to RE NTR-CFW, it's the .bin I can think of that isn't open source.

@addi33 If this is the case good luck (genuinely), it's already been done, but hasn't been released publicly. Now that cell9 has left the scene there's no reason not to RE and share it. People like @Nanquitas would really appreciate and benefit from its release.

Reactions: Nanquitas

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually it's probably not the file he's trying to extract.

The ntr's bin are directly available without the need to extract anything.
But there's a few homebrews released without the sources.

As for your question OP, I'm sorry but I don't know, not really interested in the game's modding, though it should be possible.

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Based on "especially .bin files" my guess is OP wants to try to RE NTR-CFW, it's the .bin I can think of that isn't open source.

@addi33 If this is the case good luck (genuinely), it's already been done, but hasn't been released publicly. Now that cell9 has left the scene there's no reason not to RE and share it. People like @Nanquitas would really appreciate and benefit from its release.

Actually you are right, I'd like to re-make ntr, so that its public and everyone can work on it, but I have no experience with reverse enginering

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then you don't need to extract anything.

Just take the .bin of the version you want and open it in IDA.
You select ARM-Little Endian in the architecture and you relocate the segment by 0x00100100.

That's all to begin with.

A good thing too is to enter the different structures you can find in the different headers related to NTR, it helps determining the purpose of the function you currently into.
Also 3DBrew will be really useful especially when you'll attack the "hax" part.

Anyway, good luck mate. :)

adrifcastr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then you don't need to extract anything.

Just take the .bin of the version you want and open it in IDA.
You select ARM-Little Endian in the architecture and you relocate the segment by 0x00100100.

That's all to begin with.

A good thing too is to enter the different structures you can find in the different headers related to NTR, it helps determining the purpose of the function you currently into.
Also 3DBrew will be really useful especially when you'll attack the "hax" part.

Anyway, good luck mate. :)

Okay thank you :) just a quick question because I have really never fone anything like that, just making some homebrew or other stuff so whats IDA?

Nanquitas

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well it's the most commonly used decompiler and do a great job.
I'd like to say it's the best but I do not have enough knowledge in this domain to say that.

Anyway if you want to decompile something you'll surely be able to do so with IDA.
Though, a knowledge in asm is required.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really only games I play on the PS3
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I play most games that are on both PS3/360 strickly on the 360, but PS3 exclusives are really...