Tomy Sakazaki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
There's any way to dump the saves of a retail DS cartridge on a 3DS? There is any homebrew (either ninjhax, CIA, GW's 3ds format) capable of doing a dump on 3DS?
I know that SaveDataFiler doesn't work with DS carts, and the "DS slot1" methods doesn't work on the 3DS because we can't swap cartridges on DS mode.

Thanks in advance.

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can run DS homebrew, there are DS homebrews that can do that, I believe. The only (working) method for running a DS homebrew I can think of is using a flashcart, possibly requiring a non-flashcart cart (e.g. an action replay) or 3DS homebrew that enables the running of flashcarts that were disabled with newer system updates.

If the encryption for DS download play is broken, you could use a PC, Wii or maybe a Wii U to send over a piece of homebrew, in theory.

EDIT:
This doesn't apply to the 3DS, as the console "stops" when a cart is removed. See driverdis's post.

Last edited by Hiccup,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can run DS homebrew, there are DS homebrews that can do that, I believe. The only (working) method for running a DS homebrew I can think of is using a flashcart, possibly requiring a non-flashcart cart (e.g. an action replay) or 3DS homebrew that enables the running of flashcarts that were disabled with newer system updates.

If the encryption for DS download play is broken, you could use a PC, Wii or maybe a Wii U to send over a piece of homebrew, in theory.

Only DS and DS Lite can dump DS saves as the cart can be hotswapped without the console noticing. The DSi and 3DS can detect cart removal and prevents any save dumping of DS(i) games.

It would be nice to have a DS cart save/rom dumper thst runs in 3DS mode so dumps can be saved to the internal SD card.

Reactions: Hiccup

Tomy Sakazaki

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

EDIT:
This doesn't apply to the 3DS, as the console "stops" when a cart is removed. See driverdis's post.

About your edit:
I know that SaveDataFiler doesn't work with DS carts, and the "DS slot1" methods doesn't work on the 3DS because we can't swap cartridges on DS mode.
As I've said at OP, I know that DS homebrews that rely on swapping cartridges don't work at DS mode.
The thing is to have a 3DS mode homebrew that is able to read and dump the save data on DS cartridges. I think (it's not a educated guess, I assume) that it's doable with proper ARM9 and ARM11 access.
SaveDataFiler don't work with DS cartridges because this is a dev app aimed for 3DS games, so no surprise here.
But gateway's launcher not dumping DS saves sounds surprising (and that was the 1st thing I've tried), because it actually comes with a R4i flashcard. And have the possibility of dumping retail saves to use on R4i is a nice bonus, if it's doable using only the 3DS.

And yes, I know that there are USB dumpers on the market, and using DS phat/lite we have slot1, slot2 and wifi solutions to this, and actually I have access to them all, but having it on 3DS would be better.

EDIT: @zoogie thanks, I'll try it. I didn't found this topic when I tried to search the forum, but I assume that I couldn't search a lot due to crappy internet connection today.

Reactions: Hiccup

RosalinaFan573

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necrobump

You can use TWL Save Tool now, but it requires either PokeTransporter or Pokemon Dream Radar (both cost money to get) unless you have a CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool