Question regarding Wii Save files

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Alerek, Mar 10, 2008.

Mar 10, 2008
  1. Alerek
    OP

Member Alerek GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I'm aware this is probably a RTFM question, but I'm at work with no access to a manual, and now i'm paranoid.

We have two wiis, one fitted with a wiikey, one without. Obviously cant play SSBB on the wiikey w/o a backup, so I started playing with the original disc in the clean wii. Then it hit me, that I'll be wanting to play on the other console once my backup is finished. So my question is....Is it possible to transfer the save file for SSBB on a sd card to put it on the other wii? I saw a site that hosts a bunch of wii save files, so I know its possible in some respect at least. Will I have to do anything goofy, or will it be as simple as copy to and from the sd card in the wii system menu?

Sorry, I've never messed with wii saves before [​IMG]

2. NBA Mj

Newcomer NBA Mj Advanced Member

United Arab Emirates
    AFAIk is that SSBB's save file is encrypted which means you can't copy it directly to the SD card
    However, I think there is a way to do that but I don't recall it now [​IMG]

3. Alerek
    OP

United States
    Blarg. I don't want to start SSE over for the third time. Anyone have any info on how to move those saves? Or am I doomed?

I want to get to online brawling asap ; ; REFUSE to do so without my characters [​IMG]

4. ArvinaLove

Member ArvinaLove GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there an AR (Action Replay) for the wii you can use to get the characters through cheating?

5. Alerek
    OP

United States
    Unlocking the chars via SSE is way too fun to cheat through. Just not so much fun when you've already beaten it, started over with the US version & obtained 100% on all levels up through around 30% of the game.

6. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    was save file encryption ever confirmed? the saves you can't copy are always wifi games (elebits, GHIII, smash bros.) and these saves are usually very big (100+ blocks) so there is room to send/receive screen shots, created levels etc, which is why they can't be transferred