Hacking Question regarding the state of the M3 Adapter

Saiko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haven't brought out my DS since Penny Arcade Expo '06 and the guy is still charged!

Went on to the M3 adapter website and was ANNOYED to find that updates are months behind, and that my '06 DS is still relatively up-to-date considering the amount of firmware patches there have been.

Anyway. My question is:

What is the state of (the original, Slot 2 CF model) M3 adapter firmware?

Can I play newer games on it? I'm looking to play HeartGold/SoulSilver and although it played when I threw it on the card, it froze after about half an hour of play.

What is "M3 Simply"? What is Sakura?

Thanks

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Though I don't know the state of the original Slot2 firmware (I don't have one so meh xD), I know the other stuff =D.

HGSS has an anti-piracy that hasn't been fixed up yet, so it freezes about every 22-24 events if there are only two badges and gets worse from there. An event counts as a wild encounter, entering a door, talking to an npc (?), trainer battles, etc.

M3 Simply is just another flashcart that is very similar to the R4 (so similar that the R4 can swap to the M3 Simply firmware I think...I read something about swapping between the two)

As for Sakura, it is a highly regarded firmware for the M3Real/M3iZero flashcarts because it is fast, and looks awesome (creams quite a few GUI's in terms of looks) and is based off of moonshell2 (abeit an old version of moonshell2) so it can play some audio files natively as well as .dsm (supposedly) and .dpg format videos (forgot what .dpg format, I think it was .dpg0 or .dpg1).
In any case, it is a very pretty firmware that a lot of M3 users prefer over the original M3 firmware (Touchpod).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol