Question regarding the Official DS Browser Expansion Pak

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TheRyuujinMike, Jul 19, 2008.

1. TheRyuujinMike
    OP

Newcomer TheRyuujinMike Newbie

United States
    I have an M3 DS Simply (currently running the R4 firmware, but this can be changed back easily if necessary). I doubt it'll work in anyway, but all my searching couldn't turn up an answer, so I figured I'd ask. (I apologize in advance if I'm asking in the wrong place).

I have the official "DS Browser" Memory Expansion Pak. Is there anyway this can be used in the same way/similar to the 3-in-1 Expansion Pak to run GBA roms? If not, do I only need to obtain the 3-in-1 Expansion Pak, or is it not compatible with my current DS Card?

Thanks in advance!

2. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    It's not possible to use it to run GBA games... (IIRC) Sorry [​IMG]

You'll have to buy an EzFlash 3-in-1 or an EWIN GBA Expansion Pack... the major difference between them is that the first one has a rumble module in it that the second one lacks.

After you've got one, just run GBA ExpLoader on your M3DS Simply and you're set [​IMG]

3. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    Right, the Opera browser cannot be used to play GBA games. After the GBA boots, it starts code execution at 0x800000 (give or take some zeros) while the Opera pack's writable portion doesn't start until 0x900000.

4. TheRyuujinMike
    OP

Newcomer TheRyuujinMike Newbie

United States
    Kool, thanks for the quick reply guys.