zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just wondering, does the 3DS need to be updated to the latest firmware to be able to play online with Super Smash Bros because currently my 3DS is on 9.2, and I'm cautious about having to update to play Smash before the Gateway update drops.

I'm aware that to play Smash online you need to update it through patches but I'm also unsure if I'll need to do a system update to do that as well.

Any help clarifying this would be appreciated.

Shady Guy Jose

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
There's no need to update the 3DS itself in order to play online, as long as you have the latest game patch installed since before 9.3/9.4 were released. However, if you do not, it won't let you access the eShop without the latest firmware, so you're out of luck.

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There's no need to update the 3DS itself in order to play online, as long as you have the latest game patch installed since before 9.3/9.4 were released. However, if you do not, it won't let you access the eShop without the latest firmware, so you're out of luck.

Thanks for that, I guess I'll hold out for the Gateway update to include emunand haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Many such cases.