Homebrew question regarding snes emulator on the wii

Awakendarknezz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok sorry for my dumb question. but i wanted to be sure before doing anything. i heard from my friend that his wii "supposly got brick because he used some ntsc-j roms for snes and gba on the emulator for the wii. can this actually happen? or is it all bs. i would appreciate the help =D

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like BS to me. But backup your nand in bootmii just to be safe (always a good idea!)

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
That's bullshit: homebrew emulators does not modify anything permanent in your Wii, the only thing they can do is crashing like any other programs, which is solved by turning the console off then back on. Als, unlike VC official emulators, you can use ROM from any regions.

You can however brick your Wii if you try to install a corrupted WAD or VC channel, not sure about the VC game region though, I doubt it can brick your Wii, probably it will just refuses to load from the system menu

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Jacobeian said:
You can however brick your Wii if you try to install a corrupted WAD or VC channel, not sure about the VC game region though, I doubt it can brick your Wii, probably it will just refuses to load from the system menu
VC and WiiWare games can't brick the wii
even if they are wads
if they have a faulty banner, they won't even install
and if they have a wrong region, they'll just give a black screen (unless you have region free hacks)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.