JonoBG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I currently have a DS Lite with flashme installed. If I were to have a slot 1 solution + a slot 2 solution inserted is there anyway to make the DS boot into slot 1 without having to physically remove the slot 2 from the system? Maybe a modified version of flashme which requires a+b+x+y to be pressed to boot the gba cart, which I think some older versions did. Or a way to edit the header of the slot 2 so that it doesn't have BOOT in the firmware meaning flashme will not automatically boot that cart and instead I could use the slot 1 passmes feature if i ever feel the need to play ds games from the slot 2.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Holding select disables flashme, this should then allow you to end up at the DS menu where you can hopefully boot your DS slot cart..
Editing the header should also work but as well as DSbooter it is also set to boot if PASS is in there.

JonoBG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Do you know of any sites which explain how to edit the header on either the EZ-Flash 4 or the m3 lite? The ability to edit the header on one of these cards is likely to influence my decision over which one I get. Supercard is pretty much out of the question as a result of poor gba compatibility.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Regarding the M3 I imagine it is similar to the EZ4 that I am about to explain but I have no experience with it so I can not be certain.
The EZ4 (all variants) have a section of memory used for the loader and this is the first section the DS/GBA "sees" when it boots. To change it you just have to hex edit the loader update to remove/alter the section.
However if my experiments with a nopass I have kicking around are anything to go by you just have to hold select once again and boot from the DS menu.

JonoBG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I'll just stick with holding select
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku...