Question Regarding Save Files

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by xDRONEx, Oct 10, 2006.

Oct 10, 2006
  1. xDRONEx
    OP

Newcomer xDRONEx Member

United States
    Here is the situation, I have a copy of Pokemon Emerald - but the save file is .sgm - but I know the M3 Lite uses .dat save file types, right? I also have a copy of the save in .sav format as well.

So is there a converter or something I could use to switch the .sgm or .sav to .dat?

Also, aside from that - how do I put multiple copies of the save game onto the M3 lite? I know before you start the game, the m3 lite asks you which save game you want to use - and to press left or right on the d-pad to switch between which save game that will be used.

So say I end up converting the save game to .dat, which I believe is what the m3 lite uses.

How do I make and put 2 copies of that .dat save game onto the m3 lite to use?

That way, when the new pokemon comes out, I can trade some pokemon over to my friend's game for him to use, and then just switch back over to the other copy of the save game and still be able to use the pokemon I traded with the other save game data. Make sense?

Do I just name one save file .dat

and the other one .dat01 or something? How exactly do I do it?

Thanks

2. tama_mog

Member tama_mog Kupo

United States
    I think you need to have the latest firmware/gm to support pokemon's 4mb saves (v29). After that you should be able to write the .sav file normally in the gm's save manager (bring it up by right clicking on the rom name in the gm and it's listed as an option). You will notice you are able to now write onto the dat using .savs and you can create multiple saves for that 1 rom as well.