Hacking Question regarding R4 Card and 3DS XL

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Morning guys,

Here is my question. I have a 3DS XL which I would like to run an R4 card on to play my Nintendo DS Games. Are there compatible R4 cards out there that will work with my 3ds XL?

Currently i'm on Nintendo Software version Ver.5.1.0-11e (which I think is the newest firmware)

Currently I have a R4 card that is working on my DS Lite which I am using and that isn't the problem. However im having to chop and change between systems and it would be easier to just carry on with my 3DS XL.

Can anyone help with this?

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. Like I say I do have an R4 card already. I have installed the latest moonshell on to it and when I plug it in to my 3DS XL i can see the chronicles of Narnia etc. I press to launch it and I get the following error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power button to turn the system off. Please refer to operations manual for details." The version of Moonshell I've downloaded is V1.68 from the following link

Here is an image of the card i own. This works in the DS Lite no problems.

Any help with this would be great.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply. Like I say I do have an R4 card already. I have installed the latest moonshell on to it and when I plug it in to my 3DS XL i can see the chronicles of Narnia etc. I press to launch it and I get the following error message "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power button to turn the system off. Please refer to operations manual for details." The version of Moonshell I've downloaded is V1.68 from the following link

Here is an image of the card i own. This works in the DS Lite no problems.

Any help with this would be great.

nice job putting the stick on upside down LOL

place in DS Lite and do the following

ens.jpg

coping Files to the MicroSD doesnt update the Firmware, only doing the above does,
if you only copy you only update the Kernel

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Nice job putting the sticker on upside down??? LOL... thats how it came when I bought it :)... I will try this and let you know how it goes haha!

thats tickled me.

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok im having a little trouble here. My DS lite is connected to my wireless and when I follow the instructions above to upgrade I get to this screen with nothing else...

I can't seem to upgrade...

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Ok im having a little trouble here. My DS lite is connected to my wireless and when I follow the instructions above to upgrade I get to this screen with nothing else...

I can't seem to upgrade...

there you as it tell you you card can only support DSi 1.4.4 and 3DS 3.0.0-6
so that means your card cannot be updated and work on any firmware higher than stated by that

time to buy a new card if you want to play the games on the 3DS

just a tip tho
connected to the wireless doesnt matter, all the firmware files for that card are inside the kernel so wouldnt matter if you where on the net or not

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
grrrr. I'm not going to say im not disappointed.... Hmm looks like i'll have to buy one then as I can't be doing with chopping and changing all the time.

stephysanrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
grrrr. I'm not going to say im not disappointed.... Hmm looks like i'll have to buy one then as I can't be doing with chopping and changing all the time.
stick to a dstwo so this doesnt happen again :P
r4i-sdhc.com and any other r4 card that isnt an (r4i gold) just keep making new models very often -__-"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte