Hardware Question regarding NAND dump and system transfer.

JiCe75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi every one !

So I recently just discovered the wonders of downgrading and getting a CFW on a 3ds (I'm being super late I know)

Unfortunatly I already had my N3ds updated to v 10.5 so I'm kind of screwed for downgrading it if I understood what can be found on the internet correctly.

However, I downgraded my nephew's o3ds to 9.2 and got him ReiNand with emuNand 10.5.

Now, If I understood correctly, to downgrade from 10.5 you need to get a hardmode, in order to dump your Nand and then use this nand to downgrade.

Unfortunatly I can't hardmode my N3ds due to me being stupid and fucking up one of my N3ds' back screw (wich means I can't acces the motherboard to solder wires to it)

But while thinking about it, I came up with an idea that I will expose to you as a question:

If I make a system transfer from my nephew's O3ds (of wich I have the nand dumped) to my N3ds, can I then use his nand dump in order to downgrade my N3ds from 10.5 to 9.2 without having to hardmode it?

If it is possible then, will "undo" the downgrade I did to my nephew's O3ds? If so will I be able to downgrade it again?

Loosing data from the console is not an issue for me if I can have both 3ds downgraded.

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok First, this is kinda obvious but its not your fault for not knowing but... YOU CANT USE ANOTHER SYSTEM NAND.BIN

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait...If you actually thought this was going to work,how were you going to restore the nand.bin without having access to that in 10.5 or without hardmod?

JiCe75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok First, this is kinda obvious but its not your fault for not knowing but... YOU CANT USE ANOTHER SYSTEM NAND.BIN

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wait...If you actually thought this was going to work,how were you going to restore the nand.bin without having access to that in 10.5 or without hardmod?

Thanks for the reply. I thought if I transferred his system to mine, it would recognize the dumped nand as valid...
Well I'll juste have to figure out a way to remove the broken screw without breaking my n3ds x).

Edit: to answer you question: well... I hadn't thought that far... I'm new to these manipulations, that's why I'm asking first and not doing stupid things on my own. (except for trying to open my 3ds with the wrong screwdriver) I assumed that maybe flashing the nand was using a different exploit than dumping it and that maybe it was still possible to do it... But I really know nothing :D

Last edited by JiCe75,

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. I thought if I transferred his system to mine, it would recognize the dumped nand as valid...
Well I'll juste have to figure out a way to remove the broken screw without breaking my n3ds x).

Edit: to answer you question: well... I hadn't thought that far... I'm new to these manipulations, that's why I'm asking first and not doing stupid things on my own. (except for trying to open my 3ds with the wrong screwdriver) I assumed that maybe flashing the nand was using a different exploit than dumping it and that maybe it was still possible to do it... But I really know nothing :D
If it was possible to flash a NAND backup in 10.5 then what's the point if that means you instantly have the ability to downgrade,arm9 exploit might never exist in 9.2+ Which is required to read and write to the NAND and the reason downgrade exist in 10.3 or below is because it requires the minimum of arm11 which was found by a flaw in 10.3,Nands work by system not software this is why you can format your system and your NAND backup will still work

JiCe75

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If it was possible to flash a NAND backup in 10.5 then what's the point if that means you instantly have the ability to downgrade,arm9 exploit might never exist in 9.2+ Which is required to read and write to the NAND and the reason downgrade exist in 10.3 or below is because it requires the minimum of arm11 which was found by a flaw in 10.3,Nands work by system not software this is why you can format your system and your NAND backup will still work
Thanks for the info, for a moment I thought I had a clever idea, but nope nope nope haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I'm finally gonna get this NAS racked and powered on tonight, install truenas core, and burn the...