Hacking Question regarding N3DS downgrade to 2.1 and Ambassador Titles

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
A little background first. I have already installed A9LH on my o3DS and successfully copied my emunand data to sysnand. Everything ok there.

Now I want to do the same with my N3DS but there are a few differences with my N3DS. My N3DS has a clean 9.2 Sysnand and a 10.7 Emunand with Ambassador titles (I did a system transfer from my o3DS Sysnand to my N3DS emunand). So, I read (here and here) that if you have ambassador titles it can cause and error after downgrading, that's my main concern because after the downgrade to 2.1 I cannot check if there is an error until after I have copied it to sysnand.

In order to avoid any potential (and unnecessary) brick, is it enough to Tinyformat twice (as indicated in Plailect's guide) or should I do a standard system format for my emunand?

Also, I was thinking that it could be best to just make a backup of my emunand and use my clean 9.2 sysnand to make a new emunand and start Plailect's guide from the beginning. But regarding this, I was also wondering if that ambassador thing could mess up something when I try to dump CTRNAND partition and inject it into sysnand (which doesn't have the ambassador titles).

TLDNR: I want to downgrade my N3DS to 2.1 to get my OTP but I want to know if the ambassador titles can cause any problem with the downgrading process. As seen here and here.

I hope someone has experience with something like this and sorry for my bad English.

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downgraded both my n3DS and o3DS, both with ambassador titles, and encountered no issues. On the o3DS once I upgraded its emunand to 10.7 it wouldn't load the home menu, had to delete the home menu extdata folder from the SD card. otherwise no issues.

Yes, I know most people can downgrade even with ambassador titles but there also seem to be some people having troubles with it, so I wanted to be sure because after the 2.1 downgrade there is no going back, and I want to avoid a hardmod as much as possible.

Just to be sure, your n3DS with ambassador was from a transfer? because the issue seems to appear with those that transferred from an o3DS to a n3DS.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I transferred my o3ds to my n3ds (technically, called Nintendo and had them transfer my nnid to the n3ds, said I traded in the o3ds, which was actually just on 4.5 for gateway. So no there was no actual system transfer done, everything was re-download ed from eshop, but yes, it was all legitimate). N3ds was in 10.3 when u did otp and downgrade. Opposite to the guide, I formatted emunand rather than sysnand though. Downgraded without a hitch on the n3ds.

That said I Downgraded about two weeks ago. Plialect's guide has majorly evolved since then.

Scarecrow B

ScrapTown
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes. I transferred my o3ds to my n3ds (technically, called Nintendo and had them transfer my nnid to the n3ds, said I traded in the o3ds, which was actually just on 4.5 for gateway. So no there was no actual system transfer done, everything was re-download ed from eshop, but yes, it was all legitimate). N3ds was in 10.3 when u did otp and downgrade. Opposite to the guide, I formatted emunand rather than sysnand though. Downgraded without a hitch on the n3ds.

That said I Downgraded about two weeks ago. Plialect's guide has majorly evolved since then.

That's the thing, I did an actual system transfer and I'm wondering if that stuff does actually alters something in the n3ds. Maybe in your case, since you just downloaded all from the eshop, it was different. But I guess I will just format with Tinyformat twice as Plailect’s guide says. Formatting seems to fix anything :).

Thanks for all the info.

D

Deleted User

Hey, I was wondering if anybody could help me... I try to downgrade to 2.1 but it tells me an error has occurred after if try to verify integrity?? Help Plz!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM